Cuaba Piramide Edicion Limitada 2008 Video Review

El Presidente

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great example for English learners. What's the most suprising me was What Smithy's pronounciation was the most understandable. I hope you will do it over and over! without Rob :party: (His English is difficult for me...)

By the way, Why Al was there? I've yet to receive the e-mail from Lisa that She shipped the humidor.. :buddies:

Oh well that was a sad story Yoss, Lisa had to use it as a step to reach something on a high shelf and well you can guess the rest.

Thanks for the feedback. We are very new at this but we have learn't alot in the first shooting of the first 2 reviews (Partagas Serie D No 5 review will be posted later today or over the weekend).

• We will get a mike for the table to help with sound.
  • I will try and keep kens feet off the table.
  • I will try to speak clearer
  • We will not invite ken

We will publish the Bloopers tape for Christmas. It should be a classic :party:

We will aim to do two published reviews each week. There is a fair bit of work involved and Smithy is responsible for all the editing (and desreves all the Kudos).

If you have any suggestions for reviews of points of discussion...put them up and we will consider them at the pre production meeting.......which is 30 seconds before we commence taping :buddies: .....

By the way, Why Al was there? I've yet to receive the e-mail from Lisa that She shipped the humidor.. :party:

Alain has repolished the humidor for you and as you know he is a perfectionist :buddies:

Unfortunately with all the rain and the humidity of the past 2 weeks the polish is still tacky to the touch. As soon as it is properly dry we will ship. Just a matter of doing things right.

shame, smithy kubrick, shame. i know what you cut out. did you post the stuff on the cutting room floor by mistake? all the good stuff gone. yes, i know i am not spposed to yell fakes but still. not even the dill who did the new 007 could have butchered so much good material.

sadly, come oscar night, the only thing you'll have to do with a red carpet will be cleaning one.

and where is the one on the D5? just because we all bagged them, it doesn't get posted?

shame, smithy kubrick, shame. i know what you cut out. did you post the stuff on the cutting room floor by mistake? all the good stuff gone. yes, i know i am not spposed to yell fakes but still. not even the dill who did the new 007 could have butchered so much good material.

sadly, come oscar night, the only thing you'll have to do with a red carpet will be cleaning one.

and where is the one on the D5? just because we all bagged them, it doesn't get posted?

KBG,

I have not left all of your comments on the cutting room floor. The comments about fakes, Bond films, Thai hookers and Rob exposing himself will all make their way into the Bloopers Reel. We did have a time limit to put it up onto You Tube and I left your comment on the end that they didn't appear to be fakes. As for the D5 that is the second review and will be posted shortly, your feet appear in all of that review.

As the editor of these cigar reviews I do have the power to make you look like an idiot. Just thinking about that statement, you do a good enough job by yourself.

As for all the other comments thanks heaps guys we will be taking them on board, it is a work in progress we will get better once Ken is out of shot!

We tried to get Lisa in one shot but all I recall last was a fist flying towards my head when I asked now I can't see out of one eye. :)

Thanks for the feedback. We are very new at this but we have learn't alot in the first shooting of the first 2 reviews (Partagas Serie D No 5 review will be posted later today or over the weekend).

• We will get a mike for the table to help with sound.
  • I will try and keep kens feet off the table.
  • I will try to speak clearer
  • We will not invite ken

Or ask him to put on proper pants. It seems as if he is not wearing anything from the waist down. :)

Surely videos cannot be photoshopped, can they?

If you have any suggestions for reviews of points of discussion...put them up and we will consider them at the pre production meeting.......which is 30 seconds before we commence taping :) .....

Suggestion #1: Substitute a woman reviewer for Gargett. He can do voice-overs, but someone attractive would be a distinct improvement.

Suggestion #2: How about reviewing one of the cigars from the marca of the review contest? For example, if you are asking for reviews of Romeo y Julieta for the next two weeks toss in a video review of a recent RyJ Churchill.

Suggestoin #3: I agree with the point that there are insufficient close-ups. Everyone has his own way of opening the head of a cigar: let's see how each of you do it. Same with toasting it up, ashing it, etc.

By the way, the question "what color is it?" followed by "brown" "brown" and "brown" was hilarious.

Good Job Smithy. I'm amazed you were able to edit out all the nudity, violence and swearing so quickly!

As a matter of interest, who'd be interested in seeing what really happens during a balcony session? Rob, you could call it "Balcony Sessions: The true story".

I think that made us look a hell of a lot more sophisticated then we really are.

I thought I posted a reply to this this morning in which I contrasted this video review with those of Savona and Suckling at Cigar Aficionado. But perhaps the specific contrast that I drew was inappropriate and my post was deleted.

Van, rest assured we didn't delete anything :lol: