International OBAMA victory cigar smoke

Hi again,

With Rick and Nino we are organizing an other smoke

around the world for Sunday, the most people around the would

at the same time smoking a cigar and they will send a pic. and

e-mail to prove it .

Will keep you posted , when, where and how before Sunday

so hang in there, will be back :waving:

Awesome idea ! I celebrated with the first of the Punch Petit Punch I just received from CC and some bubbly. Will write a review on the next one with pictures, the first was very impressive, boy am I glad I bought these they are a most interesting small cigar.:-D

Here is the final text guys

Hope you all join in.

Guy

Hi guys,

this would be MY final text for the Obama International Smoke - I have changed only the wording of the " this idea is the private Initiave .... ".

That is all. I would send out this text to all my contacts, friends, boards, orgs, whatever - and I need to send it out FAST, it's 11h30 a.m. my time, almost noon on a Friday and people dont work long on Fridays in Europe ............... :- ))

I would also attach to everyone I write the mail the attached 2 pictures (1xRick, 1xNino) so they can use them for their own message/ad/board announcement, whatever they wish - that way we have a common picture for the action.

Heres the text for you ( new wording highlighted in red ) :

Hello cigar friend,

This week we witnessed history being made with the election of Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States.

To commemorate this momentous election, we are asking our friends from around the globe to celebrate by smoking a cigar at the same moment. This Sunday, November 9th at 1900 hrs. GMT ( 2000 hrs Central European Time, 1:00pm US Central time) we will smoke our favorite cigars and take a photo with some sort of acknowledgement of the election, such as the front page of our local newspaper or similar item.

Please take a photo with you holding the item and your cigar, groups are even better, remember to SMILE.

Send the photo with the name(s) of those in the photo, the location (city, state, and COUNTRY) and a description of the cigars being smoked.

We will post the photos on a website for all to enjoy as quickly as possible. Website address will be sent to those sending photos and will be posted on other sites across the world as quickly as possible.

Send photos and narrative to : [email protected].

This idea is the private Initiative of a group of cigar friends : Rick in Texas, Guy in France and Nino in Germany

REMEMBER TO SMILE !

GERMAN :

Hallo Zigarrenfreund,

diese Woche hat ein historisches Erlebnis stattgefunden - Barack Obama ist zum 44-ten Präsidenten der Vereinigten Staaten von Amerika gewählt worden.

Um dieses geschichtsträchtige Erlebnis zu feiern, möchten wir alle Zigarrenfreunde in aller Welt bitten zur gleichen Zeit eine Zigarre zu rauchen.

Diesen Sonntag um 1900 h GMT ( also um 2000 h Mitteleuropäische Zeit, 1400 East Coast, 1300 Texas, 1100 West Coast, 2100 Moskau, 0400 Beijing/Singapore/Hong Kong, 0500 Tokyo ) werden wir unsere Lieblingszigarre anzünden.

Bitte ein Foto von Dir oder Deiner Freundesgruppe mit Zigarre und Erinnerung ( z.B. die lokale Zeitung ) aufnehmen und nicht vergessen zu LÄCHELN!!

Bitte das Foto zusammen mit den Namen der Raucher, Ort ( Stadt, Land ) und einer Beschreibung der Zigarre einsenden.

Wir werden alle Fotos so schnell wie möglich auf einer Webseite veröffentlichen. Der name der Webseite wird den Einsendern zugesandt werden und in Internationalen Zigarrenforen veröffentlicht werden.

Bitte Fotos hier einsenden : [email protected].

Diese Idee ist eine private Initiative einer Gruppe von Zigarrenfreunden : Rick in Texas, Guy in Frankreich und Nino in Deutschland.

SPANISH :

Hola, aficionado del puro,

esta semana hemos sido testigos de un acto historico al ser elegido Barack Obama como el 44 Presidente de los Estado Unidos de America.

Para celebrar este historico momento, deseamos pedir a todos los amantes y aficionados del puro alrededor del mundo que fumen su puro favorito simultaneamente.

Este domingo a las 19 horas GMT ( 20 hrs. Europa Central, 14 hrs. East Coast, 13 hrs. Texas, 11 hrs West Coast, 21 hrs. Moscu, 04 hrs Pekin/Singapur/Hong Kong, 05 hrs Tokio ) encenderemos simultaneamente nuestros puros y haremos una foto con un recuerdo de estas elecciones ( por ejemplo el periodico local) – no olvidar la sonrisa !

Por favour mandar la foto con los datos ( nombre del fumador/fumadores, pueblo, provincial, pais) y una corta descrpcion del puro fumado.

Nosotros publicaremos la foto tan pronto como possible en una pagina Web.

El nombre de esta pagina Web sera enviado a todos los que manden una foto y tambien sera publicado en los foros de puros.

Por favour enviar la foto a este correo electronico :

[email protected].

Esta idea es una Iniciativa privada de un grupo de aficionados del puro : Rick en Texas, Guy en FRancia y Nino en Alemania.

--

Would you be doing the same had McCain been elected?

Somehow, I don't think so. It surprises me that so many of our members are such fans of Obama. It wasn't McCain's party that implemented city-wide, then state-wide smoking bans. And Obama wants confiscatory tax rates. But, we'll have to wait and see what he actually implements versus the campaign rhetoric.

» Somehow, I don't think so. It surprises me that so many of our members

» are such fans of Obama. It wasn't McCain's party that implemented

» city-wide, then state-wide smoking bans.

I'll take smoking bans over running an economy into the ground, but I guess my priorities are just out of whack.

» Would you be doing the same had McCain been elected?

»

» Somehow, I don't think so. It surprises me that so many of our members

» are such fans of Obama. It wasn't McCain's party that implemented

» city-wide, then state-wide smoking bans. And Obama wants confiscatory tax

» rates. But, we'll have to wait and see what he actually implements versus

» the campaign rhetoric.

Hello havanaclub7,

I've just come across this thread and have registered here to give you an answer to your question in what regards my motives for the projected smoke on Sunday and wether I would be doing the same for McCain.

Here is a text I posted today in another board on this subject. I hope it answers your question.

Best Regards

Nino / Flying Cigar

Hi,

We, a Texan, a French and myself, developed this idea privately for fun ... and guess what : We had fun.

So much fun, that we thought we might do it globally and have even more fun !

So we made the decision late yesterday and have worked on this across the continents, putting up the mail address and setting all up.

We want to have cigar smokers worldwide to smoke a cigar this Sunday at 1900hrs GMT, 2000 hrs Central Europe, 2 pm East Coast, 11 am West Coast, 0300 hrs Beijing/HKG/SIN) and send a picture.

By now we have Germany, France, the US ( it will be mentioned on Bob McDuffee's show radio " DOG WATCH CIGAR RADIO " ) it has been posted on Cigar Aficionado, Gino was kind enough to post it in Italy (Grazie !), we have Switzerland and who knows what other parts of this smoking earth by now ...

See this link : http://www.flyingcigar.de/smoking_cigars/2...unday_09_nov._1 900.php

But let me state clearly what this is not - it is NOT a political statement, it is just a celebration of an historical event that has been greeted by many people around the world.

I am 55 yrs. old and remember clearly the hope and admiration that was the trade mark of the USA worldwide during the early 60's.

My wish is for that hope and admiration to come back with this President.

But let me state that I have the utmost respect for John McCain and his personal views - many of my US friends voted for him.

Had he won the race, had we had this crazy idea as well, I would have been equally honoured to have smoked a cigar in celebration of his Presidency.

Regards

Nino

I hope you can see how this thread could be regarded, at best, as rubbing salt in the wounds, at

worst, divisive and a slap in the face to members who do not share your joy in the outcome of

the election.

Frankly, given our host's ban on political threads he himself has not started (and no matter the spin,

this is a political thread), I'm surprised and a little disappointed this one has been allowed to

continue here.

» I hope you can see how this thread could be regarded, at best, as rubbing

» salt in the wounds, at

» worst, divisive and a slap in the face to members who do not share your

» joy in the outcome of

» the election.

»

» Frankly, given our host's ban on political threads he himself has not

» started (and no matter the spin,

» this is a political thread), I'm surprised and a little disappointed this

» one has been allowed to

» continue here.

Hello Colt 45,

please read my post, I state clearly that it is NOT a political statement, that I would have done the same for McCain and that I am happy that the US has a President elect that brings hope and admiration back to the view the world has of the US.

No rubbing salt intended, no divisiveness intended, no discussions intended, all in a good spirit to celebrate an event and share a cigar - nothing more.

Regards

Nino

» Nino,

»

» Thanks for the note. I agree with you 100% about the historic nature of

» our presidential elections, particularly this election on both sides.

»

» Cheers!

»

» Chris

Chris,

thank you very much for your kind note !

Have a great week end !

Regards from Germany

Nino

» I am 55 yrs. old and remember clearly the hope and admiration that was the

» trade mark of the USA worldwide during the early 60's.

» My wish is for that hope and admiration to come back with this President.

I suppose there is some comfort in knowing we have the support of our French and German brethens in this new one world order.

Particulary that at 7-10 years old one recognizes with clarity the beacon of light the USA shed abroad!

Nino,

Thank you for clearing the intent of this celebration. Over the years I have been watching and reading your web site and have enjoyed your travels and photos.

Personally I am heppy to have you join us here at FOH and look forward to your continued participation here.

It will be my honor to join the rest of you around the world in smoking a fine cigar with the hope and anticipation of better things to come in the future from the historic event that has recently been decided here in the US.

Tampa

» Hello Colt 45,

»

» please read my post, I state clearly that it is NOT a political statement

If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck, and quacks like a duck, by any other name,

it is still a duck. What I have to go on are the thread title and initial postings.

That a group of guys are getting together for a cigar to salute whomever they please is none of

my business. That it is being advertised here for the purpose the thread title itself states,

while really none of my business either, I find irksome.