International OBAMA victory cigar smoke

Hey Nino...welcome aboard :-)

Colt, I have had great pleasure this week in pointing out to local members Obama's win. Not because I could have cared less whether the Dems or Republicans got in. I doubt I would have voted for ether.

Hear me out.

There has been a growing anti American feeling worldwide for much of this decade. I find much of it distastefull, ignorant, diatribe from people who have spent no or little time in the US and if they have it has been to visit Vegas, LA or Manhattan. No concept of the enormity of the breadth of US life and belief.

I have taken so much pleasure this week on the deck spending time with friends pointing out that the election of a black man could never happen at this point in time in Australia. I will throw in much of Europe as well.

In one convincing swoop the US has challenged the rest of the world's thought processes. It has chalenged many pre conceived ideas of the US which have been fed internationally by their domestic media dominated by left wing liberals.

This is what I will celebrate. My sheer joy of not the defeat of McCain, but the defeat of anti US ignorance and anti US propoganda.

Though it may not sound so, I'm not raving against Obama. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I

was not overly thrilled by either candidate. I felt nauseous the night before the election, and

considered not voting at all.

The President Elect's race holds little significance for me. Had he run, I'd have voted for

Colin Powell in a heartbeat, regardless of his party affiliation.

As for the world view of the U.S, to be blunt - I just don't care. I get irritated when my own

countrymen worry about what others think, and infuriated when others opine more than they should.

Call me shortsighted if you wish.

If our elected officials are more concerned with what others think than taking care of the business

at hand, then we are doomed.

The U.S. is a big country with many problems that need to be fixed from the inside out. I'm not

talking about the past few years. I'm talking about decades of erosion from the core outwards.

The machine needs an overhaul, but we continue to roll on - status quo.

That's it for me. I'm exhausted over this.

Have great weekend Colt!

Nothing irks me more than when a lefty prima donna or an elected official from Australia says "We are a laughing stock to the world". Happened over our immigration policies, happened over our previous refusal to sign onto Kyoto. My own response has always been "who gives a flying F##k" I am Australian first and foremost. I understand our deficiencies and our strengths. I wear them both proudly.

Obama's election is perhaps the single biggest stimulus to our own Aboriginal population. They constitute 3% of our pop but 70% of our jails. We have an unemployment rate of 4.3% but within Aboriginals it is nearing 45%. Young Aboriginal kids have struggled for role models all their lives. You just may have given them one.

For this I light a cigar ;-)

» » I am 55 yrs. old and remember clearly the hope and admiration that was

» the

» » trade mark of the USA worldwide during the early 60's.

» » My wish is for that hope and admiration to come back with this

» President.

»

» I suppose there is some comfort in knowing we have the support of our

» French and German brethens in this new one world order.

»

» Particulary that at 7-10 years old one recognizes with clarity the beacon

» of light the USA shed abroad!

Well, it helps to have had the russians 100 km away from home, see them building a wall, see your parents worried and know that the US tanks were keeping the bad guys away.

My generation grew up on yanks and rock & roll - and Elvis was based a few miles from where I live today :-)

» Hey Nino...welcome aboard :-)

» There has been a growing anti American feeling worldwide for much of this

» decade. I find much of it distastefull, ignorant, diatribe from people who

» have spent no or little time in the US and if they have it has been to

» visit Vegas, LA or Manhattan. No concept of the enormity of the breadth of

» US life and belief.

»

» I have taken so much pleasure this week on the deck spending time with

» friends pointing out that the election of a black man could never happen

» at this point in time in Australia. I will throw in much of Europe as

» well.

»

» In one convincing swoop the US has challenged the rest of the world's

» thought processes. It has chalenged many pre conceived ideas of the US which have been fed internationally by their domestic media dominated by left wing liberals.

»

» This is what I will celebrate. My sheer joy of not the defeat of

» McCain, but the defeat of anti US ignorance and anti US propoganda.

Hello Presidente, Sir Rob,

thank you very much for welcoming me to your palace !

My compliments for expressing your thoughts.

You have put into words what I also think and share..

It is exactly this "re-invention" of the USA that has brought back admiration and hope for many. The idea that all is possible.

No way a black/immigrant person would get anywhere in Europe.

So, yes, you are right, my friends and I are celebrating the chance of a new image for a great country.

Thank you again Rob, and my best regards

Nino

Dear members and friends of FOH,

In today's world, a presidential election in the United States implicates and involves the entire world whatever the outcome and whoever is elected. Our intention in creating this victory cigar smoke is not to endorse for or against one person. The use of the name Obama is because he is the new President who will now represent the nation, if it was McCain it would have been the same thing. It is just the opportunity to smoke a good cigar. At the same time it is to show we care and that we respect the democratic choice of the majority of the american people. So, for this reason, Nino, Rick and I will join the world in lighting up our cigars, they can be cuban or non cuban or better yet a swisher sweet. The important thing is to be togheter as a world wide community.

Thank you all :-)

Hi guys! I'm really far from politic, just enjoin' good cigars.... And I think nobody will suspect Russians of liking to the American Presidents? Aren't you? :-D We have gathered today to participate in this action and have smoked fine cigars in support of the elected President. Rick in Texas, Guy in France, Nino in Germany and Dmitrii in Russia have smoked our cigars for Obama won! Thx for all replay! Best regards!

» Hi guys! I'm really far from politic, just enjoin' good cigars.... And I

» think nobody will suspect Russians of liking to the American Presidents?

» Aren't you? :-D We have gathered today to participate in this action and

» have smoked fine cigars in support of the elected President. Rick in

» Texas, Guy in France, Nino in Germany and Dmitrii in Russia have smoked

» our cigars for Obama won! Thx for all replay! Best regards!

Hey Dmitrii !!

pleasure to meet you here !

Big Spasiba for your support, look forward to see the picture - :waving:

Doswidanya (??) Aufwiedersehen und Danke :-)

Nino

» You guys don't do things by halves :ok:

Hi All, at FOH

first of all : a big Thank-you to all participants in yesterday's worldwide Obama Victory Smoke !!

It was great Fun !!

We have received many mails and pictures and will try to respond to all and every mail.

We are busy setting up the website to publish all pictures and it will be up and running in a few days time.

Meanwhile, I have posted a report on my site - here is the link :

http://www.flyingcigar.de/smoking_cigars/2...obama_smoke.php

There you will find the link to the website we are setting up.

Again : Thank you all, it was great Fun ( and a politically correct good excuse to enjoy a cigar with friends : - ))

Should you still have a picture you would like to send in, please do so, we welcome it !

Best regards

Nino, Rick and Guy :waving:

Hi Miami101,

Don't worry, you've got lots of time,

Here is the Pic. I have put with my wife at home in Calvisson

in the south of France .

Tonight I smoked an H UPMANN-MAG 50- EL- 2005,

What a great smoke It was,a rich taste with nuttyness and earthy

moss, very barnyard and coffee tones hnited with chocolate.

Great cigar for the event.

Cheers :waving:

image8774.jpg