VP candidate Sarah Palin

No, this video is not an audition tape for Dynasty. It's the new Republican Vice Presidential candidate back in 1988 when Sarah Palin was known as Sarah Heath. After being runner up in the Miss Alaska Pageant, Sarah Bimbo, um, I mean, Sarah Heath Palin got out her shoulder pads and teased her hair and decided to become a sports broadcaster. Check out one of her broadcasts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont...?urn=nba,104578

Isn't it obvious why she would be only a heartbeat away?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

» No, this video is not an audition tape for Dynasty. It's the new

» Republican Vice Presidential candidate back in 1988 when Sarah Palin was

» known as Sarah Heath. After being runner up in the Miss Alaska Pageant,

» Sarah Bimbo, um, I mean, Sarah Heath Palin got out her shoulder pads and

» teased her hair and decided to become a sports broadcaster. Check out one

» of her broadcasts.

»

» http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont...?urn=nba,104578

»

» Isn't it obvious why she would be only a heartbeat away?

You know, I have not posted anything political as I am not sure it is appropriate.

But before this gets pulled as not kosher let me say that I think she is an excellent addition to the republican ticket.

She probably has more executive experience than any of the candidates. Certainly more than the presidentail the nominee for the Democratic party.

In addition, she is the VP not the Presidential nominee for either party. And dont give me that crap about a heartbeat away from being president.

I like her. She is more conservative than McCain. She is a woman. She is a reformer. I could go on.

I agree with Broozer, I would have shagged her in 88, and I would not turn her out of the bedroom now. .:ok:

Besides all that, I personally do not believe that politics of this nature make for harmonious conversation on a cigar forum. There are a lot of other places where this type of discussion is made.

» I agree with Broozer, I would have shagged her in 88, and I would not turn

» her out of the bedroom now. .:ok:

»

» Besides all that, I personally do not believe that politics of this nature

» make for harmonious conversation on a cigar forum. There are a lot of other

» places where this type of discussion is made.

I agree Chuck. I just could not help myself. :lookaround:

Whoooa there boy.

People vote for the party who they believe as best satisfying their needs (physical and psychological).

If one party cannot cut through and get a clear majority then it is their failure, not the populace.

You may not like Bush....but if he won last time around what does that say about Kerry?

If you think that your populace is somehow dumber than ours then I would love to take you through a couple of polling booths here on election day.

i could not get the video to work but i suspect that there are very few people on the planet outside a few nuns, possibly, have not done things in their past that would not look good today under scrutiny.

rules aside, i do not have an problem, as long as it is civil, with members discussing politics as it does provide someone from outside the states, or wherever, with a great opportunity to understand the feelings and thoughts of those there who have a far better idea of what is happening than we get from news reports.

i would also suggest that your politicians are no better or worse than the dross we have (actually, yours have to be better - you could hold elections in a prison and get better talent than we have - on both sides).

i would also suggest that in addition to those named, former prez clinton did a great deal to lower the respect that the office of president once engendered, at least outside of the states and i suspect within as well. i am fairly ambivalent as to mccain or obama winning but i would have been horrified with another clinton - i would have trusted a cut snake before i'd trust hillary.

so as far as i am concerned, i hope we see lots of thoughts from members on the forthcoming elections, as long as there is something to them and not just partisan flag waving.

» Whoooa there boy.

»

» People vote for the party who they believe as best satisfying their needs

» (physical and psychological).

»

» If one party cannot cut through and get a clear majority then it is their

» failure, not the populace.

»

» You may not like Bush....but if he won last time around what does that say

» about Kerry?

»

» If you think that your populace is somehow dumber than ours then I would

» love to take you through a couple of polling booths here on election day.

I totally agree. The Democrats haven't exactly sent their best and brightest to lead either. And they are clueless when it comes to knowing how to win an election. They are experts at losing elections they should have won.

Unfortunately the US electorate must find politics entertaining. The only thing shorter than our attention spans are our memories. Issues and policy might as well be a foreign language.

Very good choice and has an excellant record and has done alot for Alaska.

And a Gov has to run a state and she did a fantastic job more important sometimes than being in the Senate and Congress.Its like running a small country.

Dem or Rep you have to say this was an excellant choice and the Dems were blind sided with this pick.:-D

She has Foreign affairs experience with the fishing rights in the waters near Alaska with the Russians fishing boats.She lowered Taxes and cracked down on corruption in Alaska also she can shot a gun which I like.

This is going to get heated up until election day and for those who dont like to talk about Politics just don't read it pretty easy I would say.

I love talking about Politics.:ok:

Cigars and Politics go together in my eyes that's a fact...

I think we should have a political forum but only for the men..;-)

I really had my doubts when I heard that Palin was chosen. After taking a brief look at her record, however, I'm quite impressed with the pick. For the record, I choose not to directly associate myself with either political party. :-P

I will give her credit for being HOT and hunting and fishing, keeping a Down Syndrom child, and fighting corruption in the Republican party in Alaska. But she is not remotely qualified to be President. Some recent quotes from her concerning her understanding of the role of vice president, and her views on the Iraq war:

“As for that V.P. talk all the time,” she told CNBC’s Larry Kudlow in late July, “I tell ya, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me: What is it exactly that the V.P. does every day?"

“I’m used to being very productive and working real hard and in administration,” she continued. “We want to make sure that the V.P. slot would be a fruitful type of position, especially for Alaskans and for the things that were trying to accomplish up her for the rest of the us before I can even start addressing that question.”

Now, on the Iraq war:

Alaska Business Monthly: We've lost a lot of Alaska's military members to the war in Iraq. How do you feel about sending more troops into battle, as President Bush is suggesting?

Palin: I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq. I heard on the news about the new deployments, and while I support our president, Condoleezza Rice and the administration, I want to know that we have an exit plan in place; I want assurances that we are doing all we can to keep our troops safe. Every life lost is such a tragedy. I am very, very proud of the troops we have in Alaska, those fighting overseas for our freedoms, and the families here who are making so many sacrifices.

McCain's choice is appalling, this hockey mom is not qualified to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency. McCain is making a desperate gamble to win the election at any cost.

She is fighting corruption....... yet she is under a federal investigation for firing a state agency head when he refused to fire her soon-to-be ex-brother-in-law as she directed him to do.

This is worse than when Bush appointed Harriet Miers to be on the Supreme Court. Harriet eventually withdrew her name when people realized she was less than qualified. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually Sarah Palin finds a reason to withdrawl from the ticket.... probably using family as her reason.

And now the rumors on the Internet are circulating that her fifth child is not her child but actually her grandchild. She may have faked a pregnancy to cover for her underage teen's illigetimate pregnancy. While I doubt this story, it's out there. And that means she provides the distractions from the real issues such as Iraq and the economy. Exactly as the Republicans want.

Come on Kev....she is hotter than the she-he-enor here in Arizona.....;-)

For those of you who don't know.....Kev is a mover and shaker here in AZ politics.....and I consider him to be one of those in the know here....... albeit on the wrong side of the room or aisle or whatever that political crap phrase is..... :-P

» Come on Kev....she is hotter than the she-he-enor here in Arizona.....;-)

I'll give you that. But she enjoys a good cigar.

And, I emphatically, unequivacably, categorically deny any recollections of any such alleged activities.

» And now the rumors on the Internet are circulating that her fifth child is

» not her child but actually her grandchild. She may have faked a pregnancy

» to cover for her underage teen's illigetimate pregnancy. While I doubt

» this story, it's out there.

I am all for open discussion of facts but have a real dislike for "rumour". Palin can be rightfully attacked/challenged on many fronts as can the other three. However, while political discussion occurs here...regardless of anyones political persuasion...lets keep it to facts ;-)

» » And now the rumors on the Internet are circulating that her fifth child

» is

» » not her child but actually her grandchild. She may have faked a

» pregnancy

» » to cover for her underage teen's illigetimate pregnancy. While I doubt

» » this story, it's out there.

»

» I am all for open discussion of facts but have a real dislike for

» "rumour". Palin can be rightfully attacked/challenged on many fronts as

» can the other three. However, while political discussion occurs

» here...regardless of anyones political persuasion...lets keep it to facts

» ;-)

I underatand and agree. I only mentioned it because it had made the mainstream news here. Even Matt Drudge was carrying the story which has now been debunked. It was determined that the photo of the daughter that looked pregnant was taken earlier than claimed. So it was a fact that the rumor was out there. It was a fact that I said I dounted it. And now it is a fact that it is untrue.

But it does accomplish one thing.... it keeps people from discussing policy and issues as well as discussing McCain or Obama. McCain wants to skew the discussion away from topics he can't win on. Republicans are EXCELLENT at "distraction politics". And we fall for it every time. They distracted us away from Obama's speech. And they are using Hurricane Gustav to keep the very unpopular President Bush off the Republican Convention stage, even though they had him speaking on Labor Day when nobody would be watching.

» But it does accomplish one thing.... it keeps people from discussing

» policy and issues as well as discussing McCain or Obama. McCain wants to

» skew the discussion away from topics he can't win on. Republicans are

» EXCELLENT at "distraction politics". And we fall for it every time.

» They distracted us away from Obama's speech. And they are using Hurricane

» Gustav to keep the very unpopular President Bush off the Republican

» Convention stage, even though they had him speaking on Labor Day when

» nobody would be watching.

That would be "distraction politics" :lol:

It is not a US phenomena as it is practiced very well here alongside the other... "wedge" politics.

Palin is a nice way to superficially counter the argument of "change"....you couldn't ask for a bigger one. Nor could you get a bigger play to refocus national media. In a world of 15-30 second soundbites...it may prove to be a masterstroke.

I am not sure how it will play out. Still, I have read so many people attacking her as a ditzy, runner up, beauty queen, Hockey mum and I wonder how that will play with the tens of millions of "mall maidens" and "soccer moms" out there who may just come to see atttacks on Palin..a "woman having a go" ....as an attack on themselves.

Regardless of where you sit...US politics is never dull :lol2: