Completed Cabinet Humidor!!

nugget

Bloody fantastic job dude! :ok: :ok: :ok:

Thanks for such a detailed post and specially for the pics... I have been thinking of doing something similar, albeit smaller.

Where did you end up getting hold of the spanish/south-american cedar?...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a piece of artwork! I love the blue/white LED's....gives the cigar boxes a "heavenly" look.

One question: Can you adjust the shelves to lay flat so as to stack your boxes as you get more?

Very nice job.:ok:

Wow! That is beautiful. That is something that I would love to do. I always keep an eye out for a cabinet like that when I go to used furniture shops. One suggestion...take a hair dryer to those ugly warnig labels on the cigar boxes and it will look even nicer.

Again beautiful job, I'm envious.

It's all been said but must add my praise to your wonderful work of art and it's practicality.

Mine will look like a trash can in comparison when I eventually get round to completing my effort of sticking something in the space left in my pine bookcase by taking a shelf or two out.

There will deffo be no pictures of my effort forthcoming.

Another member has asked where you obtained the Spanish or American Cedar. I live in the UK and it's impossible to find. I believe it is a protected species here.

I managed to get a few strips of 1/4" x 30" x 6" off the US firm of Rocklers. Shipping came to more than the cost of the timber (lumber) and took 3 weeks to get here. I now realise I haven't enough and will need to order more.

Heat is my problem, living in a small apartment. I did manage to rip the gubbins off a cooler box I found on special at Woolworths. I now find condensation is a problem and water drips onto my few boxes of cigars. Mounting it at the top was a mistake!

Seeing your humi has mede me determined to make a decent one, some day but hitting 68 this year, I don't think I will last long enough to enjoy it even if I do get round to making a proper cabinet.

Once again, well done and you can feel truly proud of your wonderful creation and thanks for sharing the amazing pictures.

Mel39