Completed Cabinet Humidor!!

nugget

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Mel39 and Zuma who both asked about the Spanish Cedar. I have a contact in Brisbane Australia who has quite a bit that has been in the back of his factory for some time. He used to make humidors but stopped for some reason. The Cedar he has in great because it's been drying out for years and doesn't excrete any resin. The Cedar I used for the shelves was from a guy in Melbourne and isn't as dry. Also as for the cooler box you went for I decided not to because of the condensation reasons you are experiencing, and you need to double glaze the glass. $$$

To CIGARhead, the shelves can't be layed flat, they are purely for display, however I acquired a few to many cigars to open the boxes. I know they are better off aging being closed anyway. If need be I can remove the bottom shelf and pile up the boxes.

Everything looks wonderful but I have a question. As you continue to grow your collection, do you have the option to straighten out the shelves so you can stack boxes on top of each other? Or will they always be kept at an angle? But great job!!!

-Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Nugget, stellar job you did! Congratulations and respect on your craftman ship! Just great!

I haven't seen such a nice Cabinet Humidor in a loooong time! You should build cabinets like this for a living.

Now, how long will it take before you start pilling up your boxes one on top of the other? I see huge storage potential in your cabinet... :-P