What is your occupation?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on my man! Are with an Ind. BD. or completely on your own?

I'm with Next Financial Group. I'm a licensed S-7, 24, 63, 65, and a L&D... I'd rather be on your back porch smoking a stogie and watching a catfish line. My uncle owns United Bilt Homes. I worked for him in 1990 in the great state of TX. You probably see our (his) signs all over the state (yellow and black and "Built is spelled Bilt" so you get that warm okiedokie feeling). lol

You need a qualified principal? I'm packed and ready and I have a book to boot.

Quit my job in sales after 10 years to go back to school. I'm now about 1 month into my first year of law school at 32 with 2 young kids. Hopefully, I was able to stock up on enough good booze and cigars to get me through it.

Nice - there is still hope for me yet... 31 with a couple of kids... considering a change in career to law...

in acct/Finance at the moment... and for the last 10 odd years

Quit my job in sales after 10 years to go back to school. I'm now about 1 month into my first year of law school at 32 with 2 young kids. Hopefully, I was able to stock up on enough good booze and cigars to get me through it.

Go figure: wife and I did the same thing: 32 yrs old and 2 kids. Engineering for her (she can count), geology for me (I can bang rocks with a hammer). Worth the effort and sacrifice. Kind of tricky competing with 25 yr olds in the work force once you are done - 'cuz the brain don't work so fast when you're older. But absolutely no regrets. Best of luck.

Go figure: wife and I did the same thing: 32 yrs old and 2 kids. Engineering for her (she can count), geology for me (I can bang rocks with a hammer). Worth the effort and sacrifice. Kind of tricky competing with 25 yr olds in the work force once you are done - 'cuz the brain don't work so fast when you're older. But absolutely no regrets. Best of luck.

Headstand - did you go to school in Alberta?

I am considering a move back... just wanted to get a feel of the school and job market... things change, but never hurts to hear from other's point of view.

Headstand - did you go to school in Alberta?

I am considering a move back... just wanted to get a feel of the school and job market... things change, but never hurts to hear from other's point of view.

Ghabanos,

School in Sask. UofR: cheaper, smaller town, easier to manage with the kids etc.

With the oil and gas resources, Alberta's economy is better than most. Not immune, but still better. I understand that office space is becoming scarce again as corporations are tooling up for expansion once the world economy evens out a bit.

Cheers,

I'm a germantrained construction and maintenance electrician.Thats what I did when I lived in Germany.After I immigrated to Canada 41 years ago I worked on Tower-Cranes in construction,also in Bakery-equipment as well as in the Plastic Bag industry.All involved electrical and mechanical skills.I retired last year in May,after over 50 years(2 years in the Military)I felt I deserve my rest.

Started out in my life as a pipe fitter/ welder, but have since moved on to bigger and better things. I am now a lineman for what is soon to be the largest electrical utility in the nation Duke/Progress Energy.