What is your occupation?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an IT Controller for a large multinational, I audit IT processes and provide assurance that IT is doing the right thing. If anyone is interested in this role and lives in Sydney or Melbourne area, PM me, especially if the following acronyms mean something to you ( COBIT, SOx).

I'm transitioning to an IT Service Manager role in a few weeks, Pretty excited by the opportunity as it allows me to speak geek and english.

I'm a German trained electrician and worked while in Germany in several big companies(Mercedes.Bosch and another)as an elec.contractor.After immigrating to Canada I worked in construction repairing towercranes as well erecting and dismanteling them.I also worked for a few years in the Bakery business,repairing bakery equipment.Then for over 18 1/2 years in the maintenance dept.of a Plasic bag manufacturer.I retired last year in May after over 50 years in the workforce.

I own and operate a full service financial investment, wealth management, insurance brokerage, firm - housing advisors, agents and groups all over the US. I am a practicing financial advisor myself and I also provide consulting to businesses and law firms in the areas of management, business development,budgets,capital management, business re-engineering, mergers and acquisitions, client engagement, training, sales, finance, Business Loan, Financing & SBA preperation, taxes, benefits,recruiting and leadership. I have a degree in finance and a law degree.

Headquartered in Texas.

BUT, that's just a front......My real occupation is I run a school for for gifted children out of my parents estate that acts as a front for a top secret government agency utilizing a team mutants of for national defense and protection.

I'm a registered nurse working on a medical outpatient unit.Working mostly with patients under the care of the oncologists or haematologists.Truly humbling and rewarding work.

That's definitely earn-your-halo work, Vortigan! Cheers to you!

After 7 years as a banker and 15 as a cable television executive I now operate a cigar store in playa del carmen Mexico. I also have a brand new telecom consulting firm representing Multifamily property owners in negotiations with telecom providers in the US.

Independant Financial Advisor... When I grow up, I hope to fish for a living. :fishing:

Right on my man! Are with an Ind. BD. or completely on your own?

Newbie to the forum here. But where are all my accountant brothers?! Recent college grad (accounting), studying for my CPA license. However, currently I am employed as a garbage man which is paying all the bills.

P.S. I spend more per month on cigars and fishing gear than I do on my student loans, Talk about priorities!!!