Father’s Day (US) Cigar Smokes

Father’s Day in the US is a week away on 6/16/24. For all the fellas who will celebrate and be celebrated, what do you hope to do for the holiday, and what are your top three cigars that you intend to enjoy that holiday weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wjs said:

Every Fathers Day I ask for the same thing. 4-ish hours in the afternoon to watch the US Open. The kids are still young enough that they make things at school which I love but no money needed, just the TV. And I might have both kids watching with me, would would truly be a gift as they are starting to express an interest in the game.

My wife looks the other way on the cigar thing, so I don’t smoke at the house. I’ll be dreaming of the BBF’s that are currently at secondary inspection.

Love it! Spending quality time with the kids is definitely a Father's Day well spent. As a father to three, it's truly a pretty cool thing when the kids take an interest in the same things as you. Hope your Father's Day is both memorable and enjoyable, good sir. 

• Like 1

I plan to do some stereotypical grilling and whatnot. Would love to get in three cigars but seeing as though I share Father's Day weekend with my son's preschool graduation on Friday, two is more likely. My wife is gracious in that she let's me direct how I want to spend FD with the family playing a supporting role. I'll draw up some plans later tonight, but nothing too cumbersome. I have three boys, with the youngest being born this past January, so a celebratory but lowkey situation is in order. Need to figure out what meats I'll get from the butcher in the next few days. 

My top three to be smoked are:

1. Partagas Serie E. #2 April 2022

2. Partagas Serie D. #4 April 2023

3. JLS #1 July 2023 

• Like 3

My Daughter had been sick so hopefully she's better by then. I'm hoping to take the Family to my Dad's and let him cook while my wife, our 2 Sons, and I put together a Playset. 

I'd like to start the day with a Bolivar Petit Corona, then a JL2 for lunch, and end the day with a Opus X 20th Anniversary Father and Son. 

• Like 4

Going over to see the family for an early dinner BBQ. Cigars to be smoked are as follows - QDCC in the morning. MC Dumas after lunch and either a Presidente or Lusi after dinner depending how much time I have.

• Like 2

I'm stunned at the pre-planning of cigars for a future smoke. Unless I'm leaving town, I don't pre-plan my smoke for a future date. All of the them are up for grabs every day. We'll see what hits for me on Sunday. 

My daily struggle with burning another Esplendidos will occur as usual. I'm down to 2 boxes, so smoking them is a weird combination of joy and regret all at the same time and I'm really trying to limit them to 2 per year. Impossible, but I'm trying. The longer these last 2 boxes remain untouched, the more likely it is that I can hold out.

I haven't heard of any plans for Father's Day, so I assume it'll be just another Sunday which should mean some golf and some grilling which is fine by me. Cheers all!

• Like 4

I'm going to enjoy it with a Hoyo DC, Monte Linea Dumas and a Cohiba Siglo 3. Can't wait to finally break these 3 boxes. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cigaraholic said:

Plans have changed, looks like I’ll be cutting and splitting firewood in the morning. My cigar plan hasn’t changed 👻

😯

• Like 2

Firewood this time of year? Where region of the US are you located in?

4 hours ago, cigaraholic said:

Plans have changed, looks like I’ll be cutting and splitting firewood in the morning. My cigar plan hasn’t changed

Those sticks look like they’ve got some age on ‘em!

2/3 of my anticipated FD sticks have been smoked. Supposed to be going to a cigar lounge tonight with a buddy. Might go 3/3 and a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Father’s Day is today here. We had breakfast with friends and after we went to have a look at their future house. We got back to their current house for a few beers. Once I got home I went outside with a 2018 Lusitania and some jazz music. Very nice weather here today.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, El Hoze said:

LGR DIC 18. Month/year of my son’s birth. I was lucky to score this, a box of DIC 18 HU2 and CoRo off 24:24 and have smoked very few of them but they are all solid boxes so far based on sampling. 

I did not want to have kids, I remember my wife yelling at me “what do you want to do with your life just work, buy expensive cars and drink expensive wine, go out to dinner, and go skiing and fishing?” and yelling back “Yes, 100%… that sounds like the perfect plan actually!” but it has been the best, and hardest, job in the world. I wonder what life will look like when I smoke the next one!

Cheers to all the dads out there and cheers to the guys who stuck to my plan A. Still seems like a viable plan! 

That would have been way too easy, and way too much fun 😛🤪!

Happy Father's day 😚💨

• Haha 1