The Month of May. Your best cigar

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HU Majestic April 89

17' CORO was tasty!                                                                                                                                                                                    

A 1998! Partagas 898 did it for me. Just perfect in every way.

1 hour ago, EasternPromises said:

@westg How was that LFdC Grandiosos? 

Dusted off a few cobwebs. A little mold . Actually very surprised,  I never gave them much hope from the onset (2013) as I found them to be very average and bland .  Hard to describe,  almost like sweetcorn with a little sprinkle of almonds.  Very unique cigar at this stage . Construction and burn A+. A nice surprise 

23 minutes ago, JoeyBones777 said:

Couldn't have liked it that much. You left a good 20 minutes of smoke time on that nub!🤣

Not too often I get to nub a cigar that far. The burn was perfect!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Chitmo said:

HU Majestic April 89

Now that is how a cigar should be smoked! Well done.

@westg Very nice. A 20 year old Lusi? 

15 hours ago, Ford2112 said:

Toss up between this Fundie and the 898. The 898 may have the slight edge of atmosphere and setting as well as being a banger, the Fundy was slightly the better smoke. Both upper echelon stogies.

Lordy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Redgoldband said:

Juan Lopez Seleccion Number 1. By far, the most pleasant smoke I had in May. Surprised they smoked so well so young. Received them on 5/15 and smoked them on 5/26. The first two-thirds were pretty good and then BANG!, out of nowhere, the sweet, decadent flavors of the third third arrested me like I'd broken the law several times over! With every puff, I kept looking at the cigar in positive disbelief like "How could so much goodness come from this small thing!?"

I think disbelief is such a great word to use when describing a very good Cuban cigar. To me there's definitely an element of shock or marvel at the delicious complexity of tastes. I've even laughed out loud at times  🤣

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Habanoschris said:
I think disbelief is such a great word to use when describing a very good Cuban cigar. To me there's definitely an element of shock or marvel at the delicious complexity of tastes.  I've even laughed out loud at times  

Agreed. Yes, this. I too have chuckled to myself many of times at their surprise complexity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Bada_Bing_NJ said:

Best Daily! Montecarlos & Galanes I would buy multiple boxes without hesitation.

Agreed 23 Galanes on top of the Xikar box . Great cigar ordered a few more yesterday.

9 hours ago, joeypots said:

MC#1, ESL AGO-17. 5 stars. 

It’s official. I’m a Monte Cristo whore. 

I’m a simple guy. Good regular production Cuban cigars, well kept with a little age, float my boat every time.

Absolutely. I am a monte ho as well. And yes good regular production Cubans is what I mostly smoke. May was indeed a special month however.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

E2 loose single so unsure of age or box code. Fantastic cigar

I’ve got a few E2s that are dying to be lit on Father’s Day Weekend. I anticipate they’ll smoke as good as yours.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnS said:

If you still have these on-hand, then I recommend that you smoke one as these 2016 Trinidad Topes LEs just keep getting better as they age. I was 'under-the weather' during May, and so I didn't smoke anywhere near as much as I normally would, but this cigar was by far the standout.

I keep seeing the wood FOH cigar stands pop up here and there. Where can I purchase one?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Redgoldband said:

I keep seeing the wood FOH cigar stands pop up here and there. Where can I purchase one?

I believe they were available via 24:24 purchases, and in the old FoH store (perhaps) in the past. I wouldn't know if they're available now. You can see how old mine is, in that image above, from the patina that had developed on the stand over years of use.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JohnS said:

If you still have these on-hand, then I recommend that you smoke one as these 2016 Trinidad Topes LEs just keep getting better as they age. I was 'under-the weather' during May, and so I didn't smoke anywhere near as much as I normally would, but this cigar was by far the standout.

Send me a few an I’ll give you an honest opinion 😜 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Good to hear John. I’ve got an untouched box 😎

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Was looking at mine yesterday thinking should I? Will do over the next few days 

• Like 1