Member Social Media Useage Snapshot.

Social Media Platforms   

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What social media platforms do members spend time on?  :thinking:

As depicted in the media, are we truely social media platform animals?  If so, which of the poll platforms do we interact with? 

( NOT  includingYouTube/Web Chat/Linked in etc etc)

None. I’ve never been on social media nor do I have the desire to be. I guess I’m old school. If I want you to know what I’m doing I will tell you personally not post it on a website. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lfhard said:

None. I’ve never been on social media nor do I have the desire to be. I guess I’m old school. If I want you to know what I’m doing I will tell you personally not post it on a website. 

Apart from this website obvs 😇

• Like 2

I'll do reddit since it's anonymous and has interesting subs. The cigar subs are complete trash unfortunately. Although it is funny seeing all the people showing of their Cohiba that they bought in the beach in Mexico or the Bahamas. I joined Facebook back in 2008 and then deleted my account in 2009.

• Like 1

I use reddit and instagram daily. I have been on Reddit since Digg went to crap and everyone migrated. It's not perfect but I enjoy it. 

FB - my usage has changed a lot I use it now more for groups, and communicating with older family that didn't migrate to Instagram. 

I don't like snapchat or tiktok or X(twitter). It's not my cup of tea. 

• Like 1

X - very passive (news and sports lurker)

FB - passive - use for group and membership communication (neighborhood/local groups, golf club, CrossFit gym) and birthday reminders

IG - keep in touch with old friends a bit here and there.  Post every few years.

LinkedIn - read industry news and admire feel good stories of many a corporate hero telling tales of how they've humbly saved the world

• Like 1

I'm on most of it, but it's the cost of doing cigar media.  I actually quit Facebook back in the mid 2000's and it was everyone else complaining they couldn't contact me (I guess texting, email and phone calls are too complicated) that forced me back onto it.

Reddit is the only one I really joined by choice, and I've been there 13 years now. 

9 hours ago, 99call said:

Ditched all that crap many years ago.

Same here. Don't have a gmail account either. I won't use any free services that require an account.

I use Insta and Fb to promote my work. These two platforms are a great way to get pictures of my art work out to people who follow me and are my social media friends. I often post a picture and sell a piece within hours. Social media is a great resource for creative people. I do not particularly like my personal life to windup on these platforms but I cannot control posted pictures that include me. 

I also moderate a Fb page for my ski club. Fb is a useful resource to publish information for a select group of people with a common interest. 

I do not read any news on social media and I look forward to the day. soon, that I am no longer obligated to moderate a Fb page. It’s a time suck and I’d prefer to waste that time here.

image.jpeg.5de839f0869ab364fc0a0b34231ca5c6.jpeg

• Like 2