NFL Postseason 2023/24 - Super Wild Card Weekend schedule revealed

This is just a quick reference for the many of us who want to catch the first weekend of the 2023/24 NFL Postseason, now that the final Round, week 18, concluded last weekend...

Super Wild Card Weekend schedule revealed

Super Wild Card Weekend will kick off in Houston and conclude in Tampa.

The NFL on Sunday night announced the schedule for the opening round of the playoffs, which begins with the AFC's fourth-seeded Houston Texans hosting the No. 5 Cleveland Browns on Saturday.

The six-game slate will carry on through Monday night, when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the NFC's No. 4 seed, host the No. 5 Philadelphia Eagles. It's the second season in a row the Bucs have played on Monday to open the postseason.

The Sunday night showcase will feature a much-ballyhooed matchup of Jared Goff and the Detroit Lions hosting Matthew Stafford and the Los Angeles Rams, each QB facing off against his old squad.

See the full schedule below:

Super Wild Card Weekend

Saturday, Jan. 13

AFC: 4:30 p.m. (ET) (5) Cleveland Browns at (4) Houston Texans (NBC)

AFC: 8 p.m. (ET) (6) Miami Dolphins at (3) Kansas City Chiefs (Peacock)

Sunday, Jan. 14

AFC: 1:00 p.m. (ET) (7) Pittsburgh Steelers at (2) Buffalo Bills (CBS)

NFC: 4:30 p.m. (ET) (7) Green Bay Packers at (2) Dallas Cowboys (2) (FOX)

NFC: 8 p.m. (ET) (6) Los Angeles Rams at (3) Detroit Lions (NBC)

Monday, Jan. 15

NFC: 8:15 p.m. (ET) (5) Philadelphia Eagles at (4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (ESPN/ABC)

Source: https://www.nfl.com/news/super-wild-card-weekend-schedule-revealed

For a general link to the NFL 2023/24 overall Postseason Playoff Picture, head on over to the Wikipedia link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_NFL_playoffs

• Like 2

Anyone care to share their Peacock login info?  What an incredibly short-sighted decision that was.  I can't imagine whoever signed that contract will still have a job on Monday once the ratings come out.  Other than that, and the lackluster decision for Monday night (no offense, @El Presidente and @MrBirdman), I'm looking forward to the weekend slate!

• Like 2

I think that Peacock decision is going to come back to haunt the NFL.  By Friday the complaints are going to build to a loud roar.

Classic bad suit thinking that forcing people to buy a streaming service to watch football was going to do anything other than disincentivize.  

Already signs that the streaming market is starting to decline with too many streaming services and everyone raising their prices 300% or more to where they started.

• Like 2

for those of us offshore, what is the peacock decision? 

for me, looking forward to some great games but as long as the packers and bucs win, i'll be happy. after that, will just enjoy the footy and not care who wins the superbowl. just as long as it is not the cowgirls or iggles. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

for those of us offshore, what is the peacock decision? 

Peacock is NBC’s streaming service. NBC owns the rights to Sunday Night Football in the states, as well as some playoff games. They decided to “air” the KC/MIA game exclusively on their subscription service, essentially blackballing the majority of the US population outside of the local KC and MIA markets. They had a Buffalo game on Peacock a couple weeks back - not sure what those ratings were. 

Where is the late Saturday game available in OZ?  Relatively easy/conventional access?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BigGuns said:

Peacock is NBC’s streaming service. NBC owns the rights to Sunday Night Football in the states, as well as some playoff games. They decided to “air” the KC/MIA game exclusively on their subscription service, essentially blackballing the majority of the US population outside of the local KC and MIA markets. They had a Buffalo game on Peacock a couple weeks back - not sure what those ratings were. 

Where is the late Saturday game available in OZ?  Relatively easy/conventional access?

i have no idea what all the various foxes and stans and Netflix and so on do with NFL here.

channel 7, a free to air service, shows two games a week, early Monday morning. one from 1pm and one from 4.25pm or whatever it is. used to show the late game as well. sometimes would show another but not this season. there seems no rhyme or reason to the selection of games (although Washington features far too little - i think twice this year and not at all last year). 

all of the playoffs and Superbowl itself are shown on channel 7 live. 

• Like 2

i should add that a friend of mine linked me to his NFL service so i can watch via that. so a least i get to see all the Washington games. mind you, i could go and lick toads. it would be equally fulfilling. 

• Like 1

Peacock has a bunch of old school pro wrestling on there from when I was a kid. So that's worth it to me. That said I think football and baseball fans get a raw deal having to stream games.

• Like 2

In Canada it will be shown on regular tv. If I was in the US and had to get Peacock to watch, just out of principle I’d find something else to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 3:20 PM, Ford2112 said:

Peacock has a bunch of old school pro wrestling on there from when I was a kid. So that's worth it to me. That said I think football and baseball fans get a raw deal having to stream games.

Right now we get Royals on Balley Sports Midwest. If I had to pay for streaming to watch games that would be a big PASS!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KCCubano said:

Right now we get Royals on Balley Sports Midwest. If I had to pay for streaming to watch games that would be a big PASS!!

They did that shit during the playoffs in 21 I was ultra pissed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KCCubano said:

Supposed to be very cold here for game Saturday night. Below zero at kickoff and -30 windchill. If holds true it will be one of coldest playoff games in NFL history. 

Indeed. The forecast suggests one of the coldest NFL games played ever. Furthermore, games like these aren't kind to Miami dolphin teams. Bleacher Report adds the following...

National Weather Service Warns Fans of 'Dangerous' Forecast at Dolphins-Chiefs Game

image.png.86d6389bc636379a111552a5e0627baa.png

Nick Tre. Smith/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

The AFC Wild Card Round matchup between the Miami Dolphins and the Kansas City Chiefs is set to be a test of the elements.

The matchup is set to have "extremely dangerous" temperatures and has even resulted in a warning from the National Weather Service that fans should "cover all extremities including your head and face."

The kickoff forecast is set to be -1 with a -23 wind chill. It is set to be the coldest game the Miami Dolphins have ever played in franchise history, per Weather.com.

The game is not expected to see significant snowfall and is also not likely to overtake the coldest game in league history, which is currently held by the infamous "Ice Bowl" from 1967 between the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers.

Cold weather games have not been kind to the Dolphins in the past, as the team has lost 10 consecutive games that have had a temperature below 40 degrees at kickoff, per Harold Kuntz of Fox 4 News Kansas City.

The weather could have an impact on the offensive outputs from both teams, which is certainly disappointing considering that both team's possess Top-10 ranked units. It's also the first playoff game that Dolphins receiver Tyreek Hill will play at Arrowhead Stadium since he was traded by the Chiefs in 2022.

The game is set to kick-off at 8 p.m. ET.

Source: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10104822-national-weather-service-warns-fans-of-dangerous-forecast-at-dolphins-chiefs-game

8 hours ago, JohnS said:

Indeed. The forecast suggests one of the coldest NFL games played ever. Furthermore, games like these aren't kind to Miami dolphin teams.

Just woke up to temp of 1F and minus 11 wind chill. Hard to fathom playing in these extreme temps! Perfect Double Corona on the deck weather! 

• Like 1

Well, the Houston Texans well and truly defeated the Cleveland Browns 45-14. The Kansas City Chiefs-Miami Dolphins games just started with a temperature of -3℉ (-19℃), which is the 4th coldest NFL game in history.