movie stuff-ups.

hardly a movie is made that does not have stuff-ups. i remember tom cruise in 'cocktail' going into a bar next to a cinema and coming out seconds later. in those few moments, the film on at the cinema had changed. tv as bad - the famous starbucks cup in the episode of game of thrones a biggie. 

but one i had never noticed before. 'bridge on the river kwai' is one of the all-time greats (moefoh, for a weekly movie? and while i am at it, is it a sign of the times that we have a weekly movie and a weekly album but not a weekly book?). 

fans will know it finishes (hardly a spoiler - it was made before i was born) with the bridge blowing up when sir Alex falls on the plunger (very clumsy for the bloke who would be obi-wan). the bridge parts all crash down into the river below which is very shallow, so all the rubble and remains of the bridge can be seen lying across the river. but, in the final scene as it pans away, no train. this is a huge train which has just plunged into the shallows and yet, there is not a single carriage or cabin or anything. no train? whoops. 

others? 

The ones I remember are the following:

• An extra in Gladiator during a combat scene is clearly seen wearing a wristwatch.
  • Game of Thrones. (love this one) Starbucks cup on the table in front of Daenarys. 
  • Star Wars Episode IV (classic) Stormtrooper hits his head on part of the set and stumbles back.  They left it as is. 
  • The Grey Man (new one on Netflix).  Billy Bob Thortons' character take a punch, resulting in a bloody nose and blood streaming down. In between dialogue cuts, he is without injury and then it reappears again.

There are probably hundreds more.

• Like 1

• Pulp Fiction - Bullet holes in the wall behind Jules and Vincent, before they were shot at.
  • The Good, The Bad and the Ugly - wrong number of stars on the Union Flag, and dynamite/TNT hadn't been invented yet.
  • The Godfather - Sonny beating up Carlo. You could've sailed the Achille Lauro between Sonny's punch and Carlo's face.
  • Bad Boys (1983) - During a fight scene, you can clearly see the cameraman in the background filming from a different angle.
  • Downton Abbey - mush like the Starbucks coffee cup, a promotional shot of actors Hugh Bonneville and Laura Carmichael has a plastic water bottle in the background.
  • Gladiator - Th air tank used to flip the chariot can be clearly scene as it turns over
  • Pirates of the Caribbean - The Cowboy Pirate in the background
  • Commando - Arnie can magically repair the damage to Sully's Porsche just by flipping it back on its wheels.... but doesn't last long, as it is damaged again at the hotel.

Probably every film ever made has a goof somewhere.

• Like 2

Angelina Jolie's British accent in Sky Commander

Mr. T's head snapping back when Stallone pretends to jab him in Rocky 3

Nicholas Cage

• Like 1

If you're gonna throw up actors with shitty accents in movies:

• Dick van Dyck's cockney accent in "Mary Poppins"
  • Kevin Costner's American accent in "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves" (his English accent attempt does surface from time to time in the movie), which lead to the gag in Mel Brooks' "Robin Hood Men in Tights", 'Because, unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent'
  • Mickey Rooney in "Breakfast at Tiffany's"
  • Angelina Jolie, Rosario Dawson and Colin Farrell in "Alexander"
  • Haha 1

There’s so many, Spielberg is full of cock ups, especially Jaws.  Usually I pay no mind.  But only one bothers me:

Lord of the Rings Return of the King - the charge of the Rohirrim of Rohan on the Orcs attacking the city of Minas Tirith - Karl Urban’s character Eomer is giving a fierce look as he charged on his horse while pretending there’s a spear in his hand, you can see someone off camera try to put a spear in his hand and he has to regrip it to not drop it.  I can’t Unsee it, and it always bothered me as it’s at the height of emotion at the beginning of a great charge.

4 hours ago, mprach024 said:

There’s so many, Spielberg is full of cock ups, especially Jaws.  Usually I pay no mind.  But only one bothers me:

Lord of the Rings Return of the King - the charge of the Rohirrim of Rohan on the Orcs attacking the city of Minas Tirith - Karl Urban’s character Eomer is giving a fierce look as he charged on his horse while pretending there’s a spear in his hand, you can see someone off camera try to put a spear in his hand and he has to regrip it to not drop it.  I can’t Unsee it, and it always bothered me as it’s at the height of emotion at the beginning of a great charge.

You mean this scene where he changes grip to throw the spear?

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 12:44 PM, Fuzz said:

If you're gonna throw up actors with shitty accents in movies:

• Dick van Dyck's cockney accent in "Mary Poppins"
  • Kevin Costner's American accent in "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves" (his English accent attempt does surface from time to time in the movie), which lead to the gag in Mel Brooks' "Robin Hood Men in Tights", 'Because, unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent'
  • Mickey Rooney in "Breakfast at Tiffany's"
  • Angelina Jolie, Rosario Dawson and Colin Farrell in "Alexander"

The Departed is a compendium of shitty Boston accents.  Grew up in Boston, done my damnest to fix that.  I think I do better midwest or southern fake than nearly all of 'em in that movie.  Cringe.  

• Like 1

Dijango Unchained, DiCaprio actually cut his hand pretty badly in one of the final scenes, but just keep on acting.  That's real blood running down his hand. 

• Like 1

But it was fake blood when DiCpario smeared it all over Kerry Washington's face. DiCaprio suggested the idea smearing the blood, and Washington agreed it would be great for the scene. She also told the overseer to actually whip her, and agreed to spend extra time in the hot box mostly naked, so she could really sell the scenes.