Well played Roger Moore

I believe Roger Moore had Montecristo cigars available to him on all Bond movie sets. Apparently he favored the no.3 and the Especial 

8 minutes ago, SCgarman said:

I believe Roger Moore had Montecristo cigars available to him on all Bond movie sets. Apparently he favored the no.3 and the Especial 

i believe that the producers, when asked for this, thought it the most minor of requests and were happy to agree. they were somewhat staggered at the amount of cigars he smoked. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, riderpride said:

His ultimate play would be to not make the movie - as a favour to all

Cheers

Not even Spy Who Loved Me? BLASPHEMY!

• Like 1

Just now, Ford2112 said:

Not even Spy Who Loved Me? BLASPHEMY!

i liked Moore but i do think that he, and more especially the writers, directors and producers, took Bond in a direction that nearly killed the franchise. brosnan not much better though i did think he was improving when they decided to dump him. 

connery and craig streets ahead. dalton third. brosnan and moore the bottom. 

• Like 1

Just now, riderpride said:

Oh, don't get me wrong. He's done worse. I'll see your 'spy who loved me' and raise with Octopussy. Lol

octopussy was truly the dregs of the franchise. an embarrassment. everyone involved should have been put up against the proverbial pockmarked wall and shot. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

i liked Moore but i do think that he, and more especially the writers, directors and producers, took Bond in a direction that nearly killed the franchise. brosnan not much better though i did think he was improving when they decided to dump him. 

connery and craig streets ahead. dalton third. brosnan and moore the bottom. 

Goldeneye was his best.

Is 'streets ahead' a Community reference?

streets-ahead.jpg

5 hours ago, riderpride said:

Goldeneye was his best.

Is 'streets ahead' a Community reference?

good show community, but it is simply a common expression, at least for us.

interesting perception re goldeneye - i actually thought that was his weakest. i thought he got marginally better each film, although that does not mean the films did. 

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

good show community, but it is simply a common expression, at least for us.

interesting perception re goldeneye - i actually thought that was his weakest. i thought he got marginally better each film, although that does not mean the films did. 

That's a fair point. While it may be my favorite of his, perhaps I overlooked the performance in the others as i quickly dismissed them due to the lack of awesomeness. 

Sounds like i have some research to do. 

Thanks for the mission Ken

Cheers

12 minutes ago, riderpride said:

That's a fair point. While it may be my favorite of his, perhaps I overlooked the performance in the others as i quickly dismissed them due to the lack of awesomeness. 

Sounds like i have some research to do. 

Thanks for the mission Ken

Cheers

I’m with you.  I thought the last 2 Brosnan films were so camp and forgettable.  Dialogue was total cheeseball with horrible baddies.  Goldeneye was his best.  Connery/Craig we’re fantastic, Dalton was underrated and deserved another film.  Don’t forget about George Lazenby!  I actually liked his film On Her Majesty's Secret Service, it’s actually held up to time better than others.

18 minutes ago, mprach024 said:

I’m with you.  I thought the last 2 Brosnan films were so camp and forgettable.  Dialogue was total cheeseball with horrible baddies.  Goldeneye was his best.  Connery/Craig we’re fantastic, Dalton was underrated and deserved another film.  Don’t forget about George Lazenby!  I actually liked his film On Her Majesty's Secret Service, it’s actually held up to time better than others.

the very first line in goldeneye is that absurd, sorry forgot to knock. for me, that set the bar so low, it never recovered. the latter brosnan were saved by sophie marceaux and halle berry as bond girls. otherwise, agree with everything you've said. 

Just now, Ken Gargett said:

the very first line in goldeneye is that absurd, sorry forgot to knock. for me, that set the bar so low, it never recovered. the latter brosnan were saved by sophie marceaux and halle berry as bond girls. otherwise, agree with everything you've said. 

Lol yeah that definitely was cheesy.  Sean Bean was a solid baddie though, best of the Brosnan films.  As amazingly sexy Sophie Marceau was, Denise Richards was absolutely atrocious.  I mean…..Dr Christmas Jones?  Lol.  Speaking of absurd lines - the final line of the movie - “I thought Christmas only came once a year”   Lolololol….

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mprach024 said:

Lol yeah that definitely was cheesy.  Sean Bean was a solid baddie though, best of the Brosnan films.  As amazingly sexy Sophie Marceau was, Denise Richards was absolutely atrocious.  I mean…..Dr Christmas Jones?  Lol.  Speaking of absurd lines - the final line of the movie - “I thought Christmas only came once a year”   Lolololol….

soon as i heard the name, i knew that line would be in there somewhere. was waiting for them to get rid of it. yes, denise richards proved that her only claim to fame was to date charlie sheen. bean was excellent. tomorrow never dies largely boring. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 99call said:

What a pair of glorious bastards.

Was Connery a cigar guy? Or was this staged for the photo shoot?

16 hours ago, El Presidente said:

3.  Jack Nicholson’s “Batman” contract allowed him extra time off filming so he could attend L.A. Lakers home games.

Jack Nicholson is no dope. He agreed to play the Joker for 6 million and a cut of the profits. He didn’t miss a Lakers home game while filming and made, by some estimates, 80 to 90 million US$ in the early 1990s for less than 6 months work. Moore can have the cigars.

10 hours ago, mprach024 said:

Lazenby was fed to the wolves. Had the movie/character not been Bond then i think the detractors would disappear.  The movie is a stand-alone as it completely changed the formula.

I agree with Connery, Craig, and Dalton. 

@MoeFOH now that this thread is off the rails we need a bond compettition. Top/bottom 3 films and rate the actors. 

Cheers!