Deceased estate.

This one is a little solemn.

A friend of mine (and FOH)  passed away in Boston and his wife would like to sell his collection in one line.  She has maintained his humidor since his passing and we have had phone and zoom sessions to go through the collection. 

All Cuban cigars have come from myself.  The date codes are accurate, Those highlighted in yellow are held  loose. 

The process: 

Price is:  $8800 or ONO

You will need to  arrange pick up from Boston and ideally this will be done one on one. This will allow you to inspect the cigars. There will be the odd nick here and there just as there are such nicks in cigars within your own humidor. If you are anal, step away now. 

This collection will suit those who smoke cigars as opposed to flipping them. 

PM me only if you have the ability to meet the above conditions.  The price is $8800 USD but feel free to make a "best offer" and I will pass it on.  The easier the transaction the better.

First in best dressed as long as the conditions are met. Remember....pick up Boston only.  

Work with me. We will take it one step at a time. ;)

I will PM all respondents tomorrow. 

Thank you folks. :ok:

image.png

2 hours ago, Rhinoww said:

@El Presidente you are a gentleman to assist a widow in these circumstances. 
For the rest of us this is a reminder that there is now considerable value in your working stash. Something to consider when doing estate planning. 

It is only valuable to the right person who wants to buy it. Let's be honest. Cuban cigar smokers/enthusiasts are likely less than 1% of the USA population.

As far as assets go, a cigar collection is perhaps the most illiquid I could imagine - good thing they are so tasty!

really? I've thought the opposite. One of my local boards someone puts up cigars (of any value, type, etc) and they are sold within seconds to minutes. 

The seller receives an EMT with full funds, plus shipping costs. 

I've told my wife it is the most liquid asset we have. 

Try turning bitcoin into pure cash as quickly as a cigar sale ;)

• Like 2

I have no interest is selling any of my sticks. With that said, there are plenty of ways to sell, starting with Bond Robert’s, a few other boards and online trading, or just sell to buddies. I can receive funds in a day, just like I have sent those funds to buy what I have. 
the key is knowing where the market is located. Once that information exists, the rest is transactional. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rhinoww said:

I have no interest is selling any of my sticks. With that said, there are plenty of ways to sell, starting with Bond Robert’s, a few other boards and online trading, or just sell to buddies. I can receive funds in a day, just like I have sent those funds to buy what I have. 
the key is knowing where the market is located. Once that information exists, the rest is transactional. 

There are few well known European merchants in the cigar industry that buy whole collections going in the 6 figures; cut the check right away.  Wives know to where to call when it gets really big.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCgarman said:

It is only valuable to the right person who wants to buy it. Let's be honest. Cuban cigar smokers/enthusiasts are likely less than 1% of the USA population.

So that could be 3.5 + - million buyers depending on your financial situation. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

There are few well known European merchants in the cigar industry that buy whole collections going in the 6 figures; cut the check right away.  Wives know to where to call when it gets really big.

My wife better not know 😂

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

There are few well known European merchants in the cigar industry that buy whole collections going in the 6 figures; cut the check right away.  Ex-Wives know to where to call when it gets really big.

Fixed it for ya.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rhinoww said:

My wife better not know 😂

1 hour ago, Islandboy said:

Fixed it for ya.

You'll be departed when that call is made. 😢  Unless she plans to smoke them.