Phoenicia Trading To Launch Cohiba 55 Aniversario Edición Limitada 2021

I believe FOH and BR's Andy Ryan has been invited to the launch. 

.....it won't be dull :D

Phoenicia Trading To Launch Cohiba 55 Aniversario Edición Limitada 2021 Next Month

Apr 18, 2022 | By Gregory Mottola

Cohiba, the world’s most famous cigar brand, turned 55 years old last year, and Habanos S.A. announced that there’d be an anniversary smoke to celebrate the occasion. Now, a year later, the commemorative Cohiba is finally getting its launch party.

CONTINUED

Phoenicia Trading To Launch Cohiba 55 Aniversario Edición Limitada 2021 Next Month

• Like 3

"Launch" and release are two different things. Many cigars are released years after launch. RyJ Linea Oro, for example, were launched a very long time ago.

These are on the standard EL release timeline. 2023. 

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Eric05 said:

I think we are on delay because of the boxes not so much the cigars. Habanos going to the fancy boxes is nice but time consuming.

These boxes arent made in Cuba, they arent capable of anything even close to this level of quality. It may be a payment issue for the boxes, but some factory in the Netherlands or somewhere else can knock these things out, no problem. We haven't heard word of any fancy box shortages in the NC world, have we?

Meanwhile there are still a Myriad of very real issues on the island affecting cigar production. No factory is back to 100% capacity, countless talented managers and rollers left over the last two years, its a mess. I would place the blame for this late release (and every late release over the last 10 + years) squarely on the shoulders of Tabacuba. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

These boxes arent made in Cuba, they arent capable of anything even close to this level of quality. It may be a payment issue for the boxes, but some factory in the Netherlands or somewhere else can knock these things out, no problem. We haven't heard word of any fancy box shortages in the NC world, have we?

The Monte/QD box would run between $14-19 USD. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

The Monte/QD box would run between $14-19 USD. 

Wow, way cheaper than I would have guessed. Roughly 10% of the markup their charging for them. Haha. 

I would happily pay double that for any of the 4 new/fancy box designs. 

On 4/18/2022 at 4:31 PM, Eric05 said:

I think we are on delay because of the boxes not so much the cigars. Habanos going to the fancy boxes is nice but time consuming.

They've been consistently behind with the ELs since 2016. The Trini Topes was the last to be released in its stated year. And they hadn't started with the fancy boxes until 2019. 

In fact all special production started to get derailed around that time. Several of the 2015 ERs didn't get released until well into 16. 

It's possible that they had a bit of a leaf shortage at that time as there had been a run of average or below harvests in the early 2010s. They may have actually been on track to catch up until the pandemic hit. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

cohibas are going to turn into such a stupid expensive collectors item it would be a sin to actually smoke it, i'm surprised they didn't also launch a NFT for just smelling one!!!

were fastly approaching fine aged wine and will blow right past it 

• Like 1