Deep Dive: Partagas Serie D Number 4

El Presidente

Partagas Serie D Number 4   

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, dobbs said:

the d6 blend is better to my palate

I've always felt that way as well. For me, price is secondary--or more accurately a function--of its idiotic vitola. I just can't do a 50 x 90mm. 50 x 102 Petit Robustos and 47 x 95 Caprichos is bad enough. But the D6 seems to drop the cream for the leather and earth only found on the fringes of the D4.

Top 3 request for HSA: put the D6 blend in a Gorditos. Serie D3. 

• Like 1

Now one of the most inconsistent sticks out there. Can be Partagás-made and can be made all over the place. And such is its “blend/flavour/body” variability. Can be splendid, but it’s too much a matter of stochastics for my liking.

My go-to Party is its great Minutos. Or the 898, or the MF for c&c. Or one of its always reliably good LEs.... A shame that Partagás hasn’t kept a quality Marevas /Coronas. But I digress... 😄

Having said that, I am not particularly a Robustos man.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 10:05 PM, mtapia3 said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but D4 is a cigar that I "don't get". I've tried plenty over the years and have yet to find one that I liked. Not even a PSP '20 box is doing it for me right now. I would rank the D4 as my least favorite in the robusto category. Please don't hate me for this guys.

Please mail these to me

On 4/15/2022 at 2:47 PM, Çnote said:

So, I'm smoking a D4 I got in trade, told it was 2020. I'm not particularly impressed. A couple of thoughts I had while smoking 

- tastes like a Cuban Fuente, with all the bad connotations of both 

- this would be better in a smaller rg.

At about 2/3 it becomes very full, almost the strongest CC I've had. It's got earth and leather and some sourdough, I'm just not particularly impressed. Fine cigar, I just like other things alot more.

I'm a moderate fan of Party short (they seem to perfectly scratch the itch), I had a fantastic Party MF last year, I've been blown away by E2, but I wouldn't line up for D4. 

I've had extremely similar experiences. I like the E2 but my D4/D6 experience is much like yours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Factory codes used to come into play on these-

18-early 20 MSU/TUA boxes were fire, but some newer Partagas-rolled examples have looked/smoked worse than random provincial, so yea. Maybe mother factory isn't always best...D4s always bring that Partagas flavor tho.

I love 5 & 6s and think they're a bit more consistent...those vitolas have looked fire since 2019

21 hours ago, Tstew75 said:

I love 5 & 6s and think they're a bit more consistent...those vitolas have looked fire since 2019

I have said it before. If they could take the 6 blend and put it in a Robusto/double robusto it would be an absolute "out of the park" success 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Is 2016 a bad year for D4? I have a 3 months rested box of 2016 and I can’t taste anything but straight up tobacco with wood and hay. Very overwhelming and tasted just like a cigarette which I really hate. I like my 2020 box though.