FOH 2021 International Blind Tasting Cigar Number Three : Reviews, post them here.

The wrapper on #3, though dull and rough, had a sweet pre-light aroma that really got me excited as it was my first cigar in several days.  As soon as I clipped it I knew I was in trouble though, the draw was far too loose.

Sure enough, the bugger started tunneling out of control halfway into the first third.  Before it went south, I did get some woody, floral, almost fruity notes, medium bodied.  Very sharp retro.  But after repeated touch ups to keep it lit, it all turned to wet ashtray, and I pitched it halfway through.

Shame Habanos, shame.

I only have much experience with one brand of Belicoso, so this one is a crap shoot anyway.

kcOoOaJ.jpg

• Like 3

I welcome the participants of the competition! For technical reasons, I join only from the 3rd vitola.

1bbee078d72b903008f581640f722ed8.jpg

At cold wrapper smells smoked, only Toscano comes to mind

1/3: tannins, oak, black pepper, burnt walnut, bitterness. Full body, medium strenght.
2/3: the taste has softened, oak, anise stars, acid, mint, cream.
3/3: again tannins, oak, oriental spices, burning black pepper

An unusual blend...

• Like 2

Smoked this very soon after covid but I would say it was one of the lightest bodied cigars I’ve had in a while. Immensely creamy texture with a faint bitter cherry in the background. Bit floral. Not my preferred flavour profile.

• Like 3

So, I’m not watching the video reviews before making my guesses - it just seems too tempting to play the man rather than the ball.

This smoke was I thought identifiable right off the bat. If I post any flavour notes it’ll be obvious, as they were highly characteristic of what I think it is.  Of course I’m bound to be way off now…

In terms of body and strength, I thought this was pretty punchy but well-aged. Construction and burn were excellent on mine.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RDB said:

So, I’m not watching the video reviews before making my guesses - it just seems too tempting to play the man rather than the ball.

I watched the video before voting on 1,2, and 4. I voted on 3 before watching the video, because based on the flavours it could only be one cigar to me but I think the video confirmed it, we'll see soon enough.

The videos didn't change my mind for cigars 1 and 4. On cigar 2, I was 60/40 between two picks and the video confirmed my 60 pick, so it didn't change much there either.

Just now, Bijan said:

I watched the video before voting on 1,2, and 4. I voted on 3 before watching the video, because based on the flavours it could only be one cigar to me but I think the video confirmed it, we'll see soon enough.

The videos didn't change my mind for cigars 1 and 4. On cigar 2, I was 60/40 between two picks and the video confirmed my 60 pick, so it didn't change much there either.

Are all picks in by now? Deadline was Sunday...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bijan said:

1,2 and 3 are in for me. Is the deadline for 4 also Sunday?

Sunday, 12/12 US. for #4

• Thanks 1