An interesting suggestion....

What if we could give the Prez...say 1-3 boxes a year of what we would DEFINITELY want when they come up on a 24:24. I would love to try a PSP box of the QD EL's this year....or a PSP box of Connie B's. And the 1st time they happen to come up on 24:24, I would automatically get one.....Just a suggestion. :)

I dont post much in the forum but Im always on and would love to say THANK YOU to all involved in making this a great place.

STAY SAFE!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TBird55 said:

The problem, as I see it,  is that demand would outstrip supply. I am sure that he would love to have the supply to fill everyone's desires.

Exactly. If several members put in advance orders for PSP Connie B (for example), they might never appear on 24:24 because they are all pre-sold.  It’s not going to happen. The whole point of 24:24 is you have to tune in to see what’s available any given night. 

• Thanks 1

That would be a bad idea.   You request a few boxes, it takes 10 months to get one of them (lets say for example).  in that 10 months someone loses their job and forgets to update their list then they suddenly get a large random charge on their credit card they can't afford.  Then get upset.  Or you find the box elsewhere, and again forget to inform and end up getting a box you no longer need   With so many members here, emails updates could occasionally get missed.   Then when a box they no longer  want gets shipped, they get upset.   Just the act of people constantly updating their list.    Situation oft the price at the time of the request goes up significantly a year later and it is more than the person wanted to spend.  etc . . . Logistical nightmare.  Sounds like nothing more than a headache for FOH.

You guys are too negative.  I think this idea is great, lets start by putting me down for the first box of every Sir Winston PSP offering.   ?

You did nothing wrong!. This place is not a cigar store. As the banner proclaims: "laughter, loyalty, fraternity'. The cigars are the draw, at very good prices and provenance. But the point is community.  El Pres has a model which balances things pretty well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, houdini said:

Sorry. Was just a suggestion. My bad

No worries bud. I understand where you’re coming from. 

Frankly, what El Prez has built is a brilliant business model, unless the market has a big disruption, I wouldn’t expect it to change. 

Part of the allure of FoH entails the daily check of what’s up, trying to score a box, and coming back if you miss.

If you hang in there, over time you will end up with some amazing cigars to smoke and enjoy.