The Wheezycab

BTWheezy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lockdown S1 E13... 1. Moved the Wheezycab down to a lower working platform for easier access to next steps. It’s heavy AF... 2.  Final trimming on drawer fronts and doors. Used a router bit

Lockdown S1 E25 (April 18th) Sh*t’s gettin’ real... Today was one of those insanely satisfying days.  I’ve been working on all the discrete parts and (seemingly) isolated tasks for a long-a$

Heading into the home stretch with this project!  I received the super quiet fans today, rewired everything, and reinstalled. 

1. Ganged two 40mm fans on each side, to blow air into drawer compartments. 

2. Reservoir rewired to accommodate full extension middle shelf. So glad you guys chimed in on that one!

3. Old noisy fan on reservoir.

4. New ultra quiet fan in place. 

5. Starting the mounting plates for the smaller fans.

6. Drilling air holes. 

7. Drilling screw holes. 

8. Mounting plates done.

9. Small fans wired in place, and running!  ??

10.  Literally not a moment too soon.  Received this box last night, and zero room in current humidors. This would’ve been sitting in its packaging for a while, but everything was ready to go, so the first box is a Partagas 898 after all.  Still love me some RASS, in spite of shade thrown their way!

I have one more update, which will be the accessory drawer and the cabinet filled. Hope to get that done today/tomorrow.  Until then...peace out yo!

- Wheezy

07170F60-471A-47F1-85F3-674E9F378F0D.jpeg

F4412C02-F44D-4ACE-9F20-9290CD1A6DD8.jpeg

6C47E4B8-DA7F-42D7-8B99-C9AB02CBCB55.jpeg

BBDE9DEC-93EE-466A-9E48-A794A58A77D3.jpeg

8BAB87E4-C1FA-40F2-ABFA-3643E4018F66.jpeg

DFD68AFB-12A3-49DC-A0E4-6E326BF8F315.jpeg

48A57A02-A13B-44F7-A403-C1FF56E1E293.jpeg

8492011B-B04A-4D7F-AA9B-5B8D09B0DA1D.jpeg

88DB479A-7DC6-4363-ABC4-05F54AC19EFE.jpeg

E772200A-469C-4E3C-86D5-F5D3599F6BE3.jpeg

• Like 4

This is awesome! So close to completion.

Then what are you going to do?

On 5/2/2020 at 6:11 PM, Habana Mike said:

This is awesome! So close to completion.

Then what are you going to do?

I’m going to be thankful this project is done!  ? It’s been a long haul, keeping me semi-sane...but a long haul for sure.  Were you asking about a follow-on project, or more specifically to this project? 

Rhetorical.

If you're in much longer I hope you find another project. Lord knows I need one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hoping I win the mini-Wheezy lottery!

21 hours ago, BTWheezy said:
One mini-update, before the final-final update.  I’m toying around with adding LED lights, which will add a nice ambiance to the cabinet, but not sure. A few people on Zoom herf said yes, do it.  Debating the extra task.  Until then, here’s the accessory drawer.  I made this such that I could remove and do something different, but it’s a good start for now.
1, 2, 3. Building the frame of the tray.
4. Making a removable compartment, which will catch the trimmings (v-cuts, punch cuts, guillotine cuts).
5. Checking the fit.  All good.
6. Finish applied, and tray removed for effect. 
7. Finished product, with an homage to [mention=2005]WarriorPrincess[/mention]!!

Maybe you should add a disco ball for more lighting! Anyway, it's such a epic cigar cabinet I've ever saw!

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Brian,

I would definitely add LED lights!  You can do this at anytime (of course easier now without the cigars).  The trick is adding them along the sides of the glassed sections.  You want them unseen but shining into the cabinet from the front or down from the top.  Given the electrical I've already watched you do; this is another relatively easy task with the drivers and power supply mounted outside (on the back of) the cabinet and only the two wire connectors penetrating the cabinet walls to the LED connection.  Most LED's have their own sticky backs but I add a little 2P 10 glue to ensure they stick for the long-term.

I have my lights on all the time when I'm in the office and turn them off when no one is around.  It may be a little "snobbish" but it is really cool when someone is over in the evening to have a cigar and they see the lighted humidor.  Another advantage is -- for my guests, I do not open the humidor until they have picked the cigar they want -- keeps the humidity swings less and the doors open less.  It is amazing, once your collection builds, how long a guest can stare at the humidor before they pick out the cigar that they want to smoke.  Of course it doesn't help when I take the time to describe how some of them are smoking right now!

• Like 1

That is so epic... I hope to have the tools and work space to build something half as awesome some day!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov
53 minutes ago, BTWheezy said:

I wish I had this option to give this ... like 10,000 likes :lol:

Awesome so much fun watching this come together. Congrats and I hope it continues to give you as much joy as it gave many of us to watch it all come together !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Brian,

Awesome job!  I think it's really cool with the doors open and the way it looks like they rest on the ground.  Amazing engineering.  MIT may not agree with "The Clapper" but, I like it.

• Haha 1

• JohnS pinned this topic