Alex following Hamlets footsteps......

8 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

The more the better. 

Alex is an excellent business person by any standards......he is exceptional by Cuban standards. 

Great to see he is expanding outside the local soul destroying cesspit that is resultant to being shackled to the whim of communist overlords. 

I see @PigFish has hacked your account again. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

Are they doing well there? I had no idea!

They are making big inroads. 

• Outstanding packaging and marketing. 
  • Good supply levels. 
  • Some of their targeted SKU's are well made/well priced and flavoursome. 

The almost circus like "over the top marketing" disguises a shrewd operation.

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

The more the better. 

Alex is an excellent business person by any standards......he is exceptional by Cuban standards. 

Great to see he is expanding outside the local soul destroying cesspit that is resultant to being shackled to the whim of communist overlords. 

He's a great guy as well.  On two different occasions, he has come to his shop on his day off just to visit with my friends and I.  He is truly interested in his customers, and what WE like in a cigar.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, argrovesjd said:

He's a great guy as well.  On two different occasions, he has come to his shop on his day off just to visit with my friends and I.  He is truly interested in his customers, and what WE like in a cigar.  

This. 

We absolutely love to visit him and his staff. Our Spanish is terrible yet they are so helpful and make us feel so welcome. That has us both working overtime on conversational Spanish!

• Like 1

Alex is a great torcedor.  Maybe not the best one technically (although he is still young), but certainly one with a great business acumen and exceptional interpersonal skills, IMO.  

I had no idea that Cubans could be part of business ventures outside of the island... so I have a stupid question, just in case someone here knows the answer: how does it work for the payments?  Will the government tax him for his new source of income or all of it will go in a bank account in the US or Nic?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, treberty said:

Alex is a great torcedor.  Maybe not the best one technically (although he is still young), but certainly one with a great business acumen and exceptional interpersonal skills, IMO.  

I had no idea that Cubans could be part of business ventures outside of the island... so I have a stupid question, just in case someone here knows the answer: how does it work for the payments?  Will the government tax him for his new source of income or all of it will go in a bank account in the US or Nic?

Thanks!

He is and I agree with the top part of your comment.

As for the lower part : you better don't ask ... :whisper:

• Like 3

I'm very interested...

Hirochi, Jaime, Alex. To be honest, I haven't seen / read / heard much detailed info, on any of the ventures. But, my thought has always been about their ability to acquire the tobacco they desire with consistency. And perhaps, other limitations (if any) they might have imposed upon them with regards to how they are able to blend their cigars.

I hope they all succeed. I'm very interested....

7 hours ago, Hookmaker said:

So he’s not rolling all his Cubans alone? Interesting, I would’ve thought a custom by a named roller is as such, but anyways - I’m green into CR’semoji41.png

I wondered about this myself because people are constantly stopping by to chitchat with the more famous rollers and I almost never saw one actually rolling a cigar. In any event, presumably they are still selecting tobacco, blending, and overseeing their crews of subcontractors.

• Like 1

Personally I have noticed a decline (increase in demand) in quality of blend and construction in the last couple of years regarding customs across the board very disappointing . No names,  I had purchased a bundle of 20 customs, just before leaving the premises the main roller asked to see my bundle , replaced about a dozen sticks and chastised his new colleagues for giving such an important client …………...blah,blah. The whole bundle turned out to be disappointing as were customs from other rollers last March. 

A general consensus amongst six of us. Anyone else have this experience ?