Best Short Cigar

The Bolivar Coronas Junior is indeed a flavor bomb, as is RASCC. This posts reminds me how many great options there are. Ive never had the RYJ Petit Royal, have heard mixed reviews but eager to try it.

Would love to try the Media Siglo, but the price is awful, would rather buy the CORO

4 hours ago, FHFinster said:

The time smoking a cigar for me is really dependent on how good the cigar is. A stick that’s somewhat boring, no matter the size (like the D4 from last night or the monte 2 last week) I’ll tear through in 30 mins. I find I’ll pull and pull in hopes of getting to a transition. 

A Boli Corona Junior at its peak is such a bold, flavorful cigar, I slowly enjoy every draw. As a result, that tiny stick can last 50 mins to an hour. 

Exactly this. The better the smoke the easier it is to savor and slow down.

• Like 1

From when the HUHC came out I found them consistently very good but in the last year from multiple boxes and tins I’ve found them much less consistent and sometimes downright bad. Preferring the Monty Media Corona for that size lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JLinz said:

No love for the Vigia? I haven't had many of them but so far have found them very solid.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Love them, but that isn't a short smoke by any stretch...

These days I reach for the RyJ Petit Royales more often than not when I have less than 45 minutes time budget for a smoke.

22 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

Love them, but that isn't a short smoke by any stretch...

These days I reach for the RyJ Petit Royales more often than not when I have less than 45 minutes time budget for a smoke.

Ah.  Makes sense.  I do find the need for a shorter smoke from time to time.  Will have to try the RyJ PR.  

18 hours ago, FHFinster said:

Boli Corona Junior at its peak is such a bold, flavorful cigar,

Agreed, but finding a good run of these is like finding an oasis in a desert. I have not been impressed with BCJ consistency over the last 5 years at all. And I'm someone who thinks when at its best, BCJ is the best Bolivar and the best Minutos format cigar. 

On 7/12/2019 at 9:14 PM, Deeg said:

A serious question - has anyone ever gotten a bad box of Principe?  Seems like arguably one of the most consistent sticks out there.

Not really. I've had a few boxes that were just a bit off, and some boxes with one or two weirdly unsmokeable sticks like fireproof roof shingles were used as binders. Also, I do get the occasional box with very tight draws for 15+ sticks, but the Perfecdraw takes care of that issue. And I've smoked through probably 40 boxes since 99. 

21 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

There aren't really any bad small cigars coming out of Cuba...

No, there aren't. I have no hesitation in saying Cuba makes the best small format cigars in the world. NCs are not even close. People might argue about other models but what Cuba does with their small offerings and has done for many decades is truly remarkable.

There's no bad choice, however I'd have to say I think BCJ is the weakest of the bunch just due to consistency and likelihood of getting a great example. 

But I can't think of any other I'd avoid. I can smoke all the Minutos interchangeably, the RyJ PR and HUHC are always excellent, all the Perlas are excellent, De Depute is great. Reyes is great. My least favorite when "on" is probably the Shorts only because of personal preference. I find it a little too smooth and rounded for what I'm looking for in a smaller format which for me is lots of flavor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NSXCIGAR said:

These are well over an hour smokes for me. Not sure these qualify as "short" cigars. 

Not sure i agree with the 'well over an hour part', but point taken. Either way, I'd rather spend an extra 10min with these than any of the others listed above. Guess I'm not really a shorty fan.

On 7/13/2019 at 6:41 PM, Lotusguy said:

These days I reach for the RyJ Petit Royales more often than not...

I really like the blend of the PR. It deserves a larger format. It's an excellent example of the marca's classic DNA. I really am not a fan of the half corona vitolas. I wish they'd extrapolate it into the Ex 3. It would compete very well with the other Corona Gordas and I'd actually buy it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tstew75 said:

Not sure i agree with the 'well over an hour part', but point taken.

With all due respect, if you're smoking a MdO4 or PLMC faster than an hour, you're smoking it too fast. I'm not one to dictate smoking practices to others and I always say to each his own, but both of those cigars (and any sub-38 RG cigar) are easily overheated with rapid smoking. You might find more to the flavors if smoked slower. I would say just my opinion, but I know many others share this approach.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

With all due respect, if you're smoking a MdO4 or PLMC faster than an hour, you're smoking it too fast. I'm not one to dictate smoking practices to others and I always say to each his own, but both of those cigars (and any sub-38 RG cigar) are easily overheated with rapid smoking. You might find more to the flavors if smoked slower. I would say just my opinion, but I know many others share this approach.

Of course bro, I assure you I don't herf down cigars lol. I was just jivin' about you stating they were 'well over an hour' smokes. All good, to each his own.

BTW, you still reppin' an NSX? I came close to owning one several times in my life. Gorgeous cars.

53 minutes ago, hanjr said:

Bolivars are my favoritest of all time , but for some reason I dont like the Bolivar PC's...  do like Hoyo PR's and Reyes

How do you like the bolivar Coronas junior?

For me it's the R y J Milles Fleurs and any regular production Quintero

• Like 1

Bolivars are my favoritest of all time , but for some reason I dont like the Bolivar PC's...  do like Hoyo PR's and Reyes
I've only had the petit coronas of the Bolivar marca and thoroughly enjoyed them. They were 14s that I won on the auction. Maybe they need a little more age?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...