What kills your palate?

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:14 PM, Cayman17 said:

Ever kiss your wife/girlfriend while she’s wearing some type of flavored lip gloss or chapstick?  And then all you can taste is cherry/peppermint/whatever?  That becomes all I can taste and I avoid cigars at all costs. Really pisses me off. 

I only have a wife... lucky you to have both.

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:50 AM, Lomey said:

I agree. Stouts, porters and dark/brown ales are great with cigars. IPA's which I love, are terrible with cigars.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Agree that food  -  a nono before a stick

.Now a guiness with just about ANY CC is perfection.  In Canada we have a brew "rickards red" that does the job pretty darn well too.

Otherwise, its scotch, rum gin, rye........etc    :fuel:

On 6/26/2019 at 1:20 PM, cfc1016 said:

Anything you absolutely avoid before a cigar, or will not have a cigar after having done?

Yeah...  

Mouthing off to the owner of a Thai restaurant that “you ain’t got nuthin’ back in that kitchen of yours that’s too hot for me”. 

35+ years ago my mouth would say a lot of stupid things.   I like to think I’ve gained some wisdom at 53 years of age, but sometimes I wonder....

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BuzzArd said:

Yeah...  

Mouthing off to the owner of a Thai restaurant that “you ain’t got nuthin’ back in that kitchen of yours that’s too hot for me”. 

35+ years ago my mouth would say a lot of stupid things.   I like to think I’ve gained some wisdom at 53 years of age, but sometimes I wonder....

I'm surprised to hear all the comments about spicy food. I grew up on 'hot hot hot', so I'm quite fond of Lao food. A lot of the folks running 'Thai food' restaurants that serve spicy food are actually Lao. Though very similar, actual Thai food isn't usually very spicy. Lao, however...

I find that a nice spicy meal (enough to open my sinuses and nasal passage fully) actually HEIGHTENS my palate sensitivity. I can taste a lot more things, and a lot more intensity and detail. I find the intense spice to make me REALLY taste everything else. A nice bold partagas or RG perla after a very spicy meal - that'll bring tears (of blissful joy) to my eye.

A cigar.

I always smoke the best one first, because I never get the same flavor from my second cigar.  On a 4 cigar day, I can barely taste anything by the time I get to the 4th.  At that point, I’m smoking just to smoke.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

A cigar.

I always smoke the best one first, because I never get the same flavor from my second cigar.  On a 4 cigar day, I can barely taste anything by the time I get to the 4th.  At that point, I’m smoking just to smoke.

+1 on this. 

• Like 1