WINNER & RESULT ANNOUNCED!! 50/50 FOH's Weekly Poll Comp: #11

50/50 Poll #11  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Hawkeye's best partner in crime?

This poll is closed to new votes

It's time to say goodbye, farewell, and amen to another off the 50/50 classic list this week - Trapper or BJ? (BJ Hunnicutt, that is. Not Trapper or a Blow Job, as I'd suggest that doesn't need a 50/50 poll to sort out.) ;)

You know the drill: read the question, vote on the poll, elaborate in the thread if you so desire. Voting participants go into the draw for an El Pres sampler! - Drawn next Wednesday (Aus local time).

Two new things! :spotlight:

1. Next week will be 50/50 Member's Choice week. And it will be a regular feature for the end of each month.

2. For this, I'll start another poll with about 5 options to choose from. These options will be member suggestions that have been PM'd to me or suggested on the forum. We'll do the one with the most votes, the others will go back into the mix for a later poll. :thumbsup:

5050-flagpole1.jpg

All about 50/50...

50/50 is a weekly poll where we find out whether or not some serious bones of contention questions can be finally be buried or will instead remain above ground as a fleshy 50/50 debate... you know, such weighty issues as these...

If given no other option:

are you a Cohiba or Monte person? 

do you prefer Hunnicutt or Trapper in M*A*S*H? 

Connery or Moore as Bond?

Apple or PC?

Smooth or Crunchy peanut butter? 

do you prefer wearing men's or women's underwear?

Sacrificing chickens or virgins?

...that sort of standard fare. 

Vote in the poll and further bolster your standpoint in the thread below if you wish. Poll Votes are public and there's a couple of sticks up for grabs for participants. :party:

Also, PM me Polls that you'd like me to conduct on 50/50 and there'll be a prize for those we decide to use. :thumbsup:

BJ was too smarmy for me, so Trapper.  Though it was sad the way he devolved almost from a co-lead to basically Hawkeye’s straight man.

Not the biggest MASH fan ever, but in general I preferred the first gen characters to their replacements.  The one exception would be Charles, as David Ogden Stiers was so great in that role.

This was a close one for me but BJ gets my vote. I think it may have to do with the fact that by the time BJ came along, the writers had a little more time to refine the characters in general.

That being said, I do prefer Frank over Winchester though. 

• Like 1

Hard one. I chose BJ because the series had matured and was at its best IMO. "Partner in crime" probably better describes Trapper though really, from the earlier more comedic less serious, pranks and practical jokes episodes.

BJ wins it! Slightly surprised by that result. Always was a Trapper fan myself, and I thought he'd have the majority. Hard to beat a good BJ, I suppose. (ok, ok, I've done that to death...)

So! To the random winner of the El Pres sampler... that goes to... oh, bloody hell.... @Fuzz !!

Congrats, Fuzz!! :party:

I won't do the whole send your details bit... I think we can track you down. ;)

Thanks again to all who participated. Next poll goes up tomorrow! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MoeFOH said:

So! To the random winner of the El Pres sampler... that goes to... oh, bloody hell.... @Fuzz !!

Congrats, Fuzz!! :party:

Lol! Smithy had a similar feeling when I won the Montblanc Charles Dickens fountain pen comp from many years ago. He was so tempted to redraw the prize!! :rotfl:

• Haha 1