Maybe not my smartest move

I'm jealous, I bloody love Dublin and I love that pub you're above I could happily spend 2 day's straight in there.

You should have just admitted defeat and headed down for some guiness and oysters and their own whisky's great...

40 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

it looked great

It could be worse.   When At University, I was set to do an Erasmus exchange scheme and do a part of my degree in Amsterdam.  Anyway went the the University secretary in Manchester, and asked "can you give me the details for the Uni in Amsterdam?"   she gives me a contact name and a street address.   

I was teetotal at the time, and wanted to avoid any noise or partygoing, so I booked a Christian Youth Hostel in the centre of Amsterdam, hoping the most evil entity in the building would be my good self, and I can have a peaceful nights sleep...........wrong!   I was in an 18 man dorm surrounded by homeless smackheads, all burnouts from the red light district   Nighttime was pretty tense, with the definite feeling that everyone was waiting for me to fall asleep and rob me blind..........well they didn't...............not until I went to go and have a shower anyway.    Came back to find my locker crowbar'd open.            Joy

the kicker was,  the secretary had arranged a 6mth Erasmus stay NOT in Amsterdam!!.......but 100miles away in a sleepy town called Enschede!!!

On the upside It turned out to be exactly what I needed

Screenshot 2019-06-19 at 15.47.49.jpg

The Arlington across the street, decent price, also has live music in their pub, but they stop around 10pm. It's across the Liffy from Fleet Street/temple bar so no drunken noise all night. More locals tend to hang out at Camden Street if you want to be around a more Irish crowd at the pubs. Fleet Street can be a bit overwhelmingly touristy, but still great fun. I love Temple Bar for day drinking (music still going on at 1 in the afternoon on a weekday) Camden Street is about a 15 minute walk from JJ Fox. ?

If you have some shopping time, take Di to a store called "Penneys" right in that neighborhood up O'Connell St. Designer clothes for super cheap. I found some Ralph Lauren slacks for $13 with zero flaws. my wife went nuts. 

Hope you get to see the country too! Love me some Ireland.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dublin is a good time! Check out Dicey's! Hell of a club/bar, went when I was single with my best friend and we learned quickly that Irish gals are very friendly and very direct.....one asked my best friend and I if we wanted to "Eiffel Tower" hahaha...I will leave you to your imagination to figure out what she meant.  

• Haha 1

How funny! We stayed at the Fitzsimons Bar about two floors higher than the view from this photo. Also not the best choice for the night before flying back to Dallas.... All sounds great on paper “staying at the Temple Bar in Dublin!!” until.... ? ?.   ? 

5 hours ago, Fuzz said:

2am? Why are you sleeping at 2am?!

This is where I was at, I’ll sleep when I’m dead. 

7 hours ago, BoliDan said:

The Arlington across the street, decent price, also has live music in their pub, but they stop around 10pm. It's across the Liffy from Fleet Street/temple bar so no drunken noise all night. More locals tend to hang out at Camden Street if you want to be around a more Irish crowd at the pubs. Fleet Street can be a bit overwhelmingly touristy, but still great fun. I love Temple Bar for day drinking (music still going on at 1 in the afternoon on a weekday) Camden Street is about a 15 minute walk from JJ Fox. ?

If you have some shopping time, take Di to a store called "Penneys" right in that neighborhood up O'Connell St. Designer clothes for super cheap. I found some Ralph Lauren slacks for $13 with zero flaws. my wife went nuts. 

Hope you get to see the country too! Love me some Ireland.

Oh you know Diana so well LOL 

I’ve consumed a few beverages there- it should be a great time!  I once was trying to talk up a young lady who pretended she didn’t speak English and then my friend heard her speaking perfect English... ?

Dublin is a good time! Check out Dicey's! Hell of a club/bar, went when I was single with my best friend and we learned quickly that Irish gals are very friendly and very direct.....one asked my best friend and I if we wanted to "Eiffel Tower" hahaha...I will leave you to your imagination to figure out what she meant.  

Did you take her up on the offer?

9 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

Did you take her up on the offer? emoji12.png

Hahah no I graciously passed on the opportunity. Didn't want to lock eyes during the building of the structure :P My friend had a solo adventure with her. He made it up later on the trip wingmaning for me. Fun adventures. 

Sounds like our apartment in Bratislava last summer. Literally 2nd floor of the tower looking down the center of the big bar street. Had no idea Bratislava:Stag Parties::Nashville:Bachelorette Parties