new film - cannot wait...

42 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

The reviews say it has the same feel as Flashdance. 

Pass. :lookaround:

so now cigar spice is a film reviewer. 

i have never seen flashdance so unable to comment (isn't that the one with the woman doing the gymnastics? i have seen that scene. there are worse films).

any film with nearly two dozen bruce songs has the oscars wrapped up! 

after the sad attempt at demeaning anything bruce, i thought i should check out what the reviews did say. while that might not have the insight of cigar spice, they seemed to like it -

"a delirious and romantic rock ‘n’ roll parable. I dare say it’s a more incandescent ode to the life force of pop music than any film ever adapted".

that will do me. 

can't wait!! 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

..........I predict it will go straight to cable.  :D

" a self indulgent romantic romp aimed at aging white men clinging to 1980"

based on your prediction of monte Cs being decent smokes, looks like this film should soon knock Citizen Kane from its perch. 

Absolute worse case its 2 hours listening to Bruce (which is always one of the best ways to spend 2 hours). Any interesting story-line, dialogue or cinematography is simply an added bonus. It's a no lose:clap:

16 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Absolute worse case its 2 hours listening to Bruce (which is always one of the best ways to spend 2 hours). Any interesting story-line, dialogue or cinematography is simply an added bonus. It's a no lose:clap:

now that's how you review a film!! 

• Like 1

To be honest Ken, until the first mention of Bruce at 37 seconds into the trailer, I thought you might have lost your mind! :lookaround:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, El Presidente said:

..........I predict it will go straight to cable.  :D

" a self indulgent romantic romp aimed at aging white men clinging to 1980"

Hey, I resemble that remark!

What's wrong with being an ageing white man clinging to 1980???  I am oppressed (and depressed) enough, I deserve some self-indulgence!

8 hours ago, SenorPerfecto said:

I'll pass on The Boss.

BUT if you want to see a great new coming of age film, it's hard to beat BOOKSMART. Tremendous soundtrack as well.

had never heard of it but just saw a review which raved. sounds like two films are must-sees. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

had never heard of it but just saw a review which raved. sounds like two films are must-sees. 

Nice Bruce (very quick) cameo in High Fidelity too Ken. Film not as good as the book but worth a watch.

• Like 1

Love the music of the Boss, probably the hardest workers on stage and plays the longest...Just wish he'd stop the political speeches at a "concert". I pay hard earned money to see him perform his music, not the political dance. ?   "Shoot pool Fast Eddie".

1 hour ago, La_Tigre said:

aimed at aging white women clinging to 1980"

That's on my dating profile under preferred type...

• Haha 1