Some music for your weekend cigars.

I have made this dinner music at my house quite often in the last three months. I think my kids are enjoying it. I know I am. I remember being aware of it years ago but it wasn't until I really started enjoying CC that I really listened to it. It has a way of improving my mood for sure. 

Great doc movie too.

Local guy here named Joey Landreth. Plays all over Europe now. You guys will love him.

But my fave guy for cigar listening has to be Jonny Lang and the stuff they link him up with on Google Play.

Oooooh Yeah.

CB

Four measures in and I’m looking for my cutter. 

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend in honor of all that have served and given “their last full measure of devotion.” Abraham Lincoln NOV 19, 1863

• Like 1

I'm leaving for Havana on Sunday morning... I've been listening to Cuban Victrola specials for a week now. If you have Spotify pick in Cuban Victrola... Tell them Javi sent you. I'm no particular order...

Orlando Contreras

Mongo Santamaria

Compay Segundo

Beny Moré

Vicentico Valdés

BVSC 

Orquesta Aragón

José Tejedor

Rolando Laserie

Pérez Prado

I grew up on this stuff and there's something I can't describe about this music, but it just transports me to a different time and era. I recall hating that my parents used to make us listen to it. However I soon learned to embrace it and it's never left me. Thank God for my stubborn Cuban parents. 

• Like 1

was introduced to this pianist not long ago and I’ve been going down the rabbit hole.  He has a lot of great stuff.  I’m going to the concert in Chicago in a few weeks.  I find the trance/meditative classical style pairs well with relaxing and smoking.  After a hard, grinding week of long/busy days, this sets the tone for the unwinding to begin. 

Listened to the full Buena Vista Social Club posting and really enjoyed it.  Now I’ll have to check out all these ☝?   

Hope I accomplish something this weekend! 

2 hours ago, MD Puffer said:

I could’ve swore they did a version of Guantanemera but I’ve never been able to find it.  Great album though!

• Like 1

just a couple samples...

The spectrum of music is even more broad than Cuban cigars and I happen to appreciate many.  

Listened to Ludovico and then switched the playlist to Cody Jinks for a sharp transition! 

On 5/24/2019 at 1:58 PM, StalinisBallinn said:

I listen to mostly The Police while I smoke. They’ve got some relaxing stuff!

Like SYNCHRONICITY!  1 & 2 ?????? 

• Like 1