I finally hit the Big 4-0 oh oh, oh oh oh

*I also thought you were talking about, "Lordy, Lordy, Look who's 40!"  And - yes! What make and model :excl:

Yep Honda. 

07 Accord.

Major?   Timing chain. Front end bushings. Struts.… I did eventually change the original clutch at 372,000 miles.    Honestly, not anything I would consider major…    It’s just a good car that likes to have the sh_t driven out of it.  ?

Think I fired up a January 2013 Cohiba PE when i hit 300,000. Probably time to take that box out again and smoke another. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You drove 400K miles since 2007? I have an 2008 with just around 50K on it!

• Like 1

Nice! I just bought a 2001 Toyota Avalon with 235k miles as a commuter car. I commute about 75 miles to work each way so I’m hoping to get about another 100k out of it. Not a bad investment considering gas prices ($4.00/gal). My truck is unforgiving.  I would be ecstatic if I could get 400k miles out of it. Congrats brother. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BuzzArd said:

Major?   Timing chain. Front end bushings. Struts.… I did eventually change the original clutch at 372,000 miles.    Honestly, not anything I would consider major…    It’s just a good car that likes to have the sh_t driven out of it.  ?

thought it was impressive when my '03 toyota tundra went 285K miles with only an O2 sensor, coil pack, and strut replacement (sold it just after that).

-dobbs

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BarryVT said:

I knew it wasn't a BMW! They spend more time in the shop than on the road. After 3 I swore them off! Should have known after first one, 80 miles on car and threw a lifter!

Bad luck maybe? I’ve had a few BMW’s and some for many years without any real issues. Pick any brand of cars and people will have good and bad experiences with them. Much like cigars ?

• Like 1

Got over 325k out of two 2000 7.3L f250s before I sold them. Typical front end stuff and clutches for both. Had the rear brake line rot on one (because it sat on the frame rail and all the road crude accumulated there) and burst on me in the driveway as I drove away. Luckily I had just braked because I thought I forgot something and I had made a tire chock so when I backed in my driveway I wouldn’t hit my fence. 

Hope that it doesn't start acting up now the car has hit the naughty forties and start playing up like a second hand lawnmower. Lol

• Haha 1

*My brother's 2004 Ford Escape is at 300,000+ miles and still truckin' :ok:

• Like 1