NFL Draft - how did your team do?

so day 1 is over. lot of teams would be happy. fans of some others less so. rosen has been sticking pins in a murray doll.

cards went murray as expected. lot of top defensive players selected. not the annual QB frenzy but a few went. 

fans of the giants seem very unhappy (well, that would bring a tear to the proverbial glass eye). 

happy with your team? which teams starred? which stumbled?

for the skins, pretty happy. was very concerned we were going to trade up and give away the farm again for a QB and not sure any of them close to worth that. there was even one report we'd give up all our picks this year and most for next year to get murray. i think that might have brought skins fans out chasing dan's blood. sanity prevailed. 

skins fans seem split on haskins. other than that we are really glad the giants left him for us and picked jones (i thought the idea was to get a QB who played like eli, not just looked like him). haskins seems a likely prospect. fingers crossed. when he fell to 15, no chance they could resist. every chance he could be our starter. insurance companies not taking any policies on his legs!

what was really exciting was trading two second round spots to move back into the first round (surprised the colts gave us that so easily) and snatching sweat. i believe the other gruden was about to take him, next pick. if not for the apparently incorrect dodgy heart diagnosis, he could have gone top five. so a bargain. apparently a real talent. we have actually put together a serious defence, barring the usual run of injuries. 

looking forward to the season. and the next couple of days. we need a decent WR and especially a left guard. 

Happy with Washington's picking Haskins.  So glad they didn't trade up above 15.  As for trading up for Sweat I like this!  Don't like losing two #2's (this year and next) but Sweat is a good addition to the defense.  They defensive line is going to be awesome!  Now they must get go for OL, Safety and WR (not in any order). 

• Like 1

As many picks as the raiders had I’d have to say they could have got a lot more than what they got but then again my team picked a player who was caught on film hitting a woman....

9 minutes ago, anacostiakat said:

Happy with Washington's picking Haskins.  So glad they didn't trade up above 15.  As for trading up for Sweat I like this!  Don't like losing two #2's (this year and next) but Sweat is a good addition to the defense.  They defensive line is going to be awesome!  Now they must get go for OL, Safety and WR (not in any order). 

we should have an absolutely cracking defence. 

while i don't like losing two two's, not often you trade back up into the first without conceding a first of your own. all they really lost was next year's second, as swapped our 2nd for their 1st. to get a player of seriously high potential. i'll take that. 

I’m happy for the Jets. I think taking Quinnen Williams was a pretty safe pick.   He’s probably top two prospects in the draft, safely top three.  Beefing up the defensive line of any team is a good thing. The Jets still do need to pick up an outside pass rusher on that side of the ball. 

Steelers needed help at linebacker and got it with Bush- Good pick in my opinion but I have to question suit choice. 

devin_bush_suit.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, wineguy said:

Steelers needed help at linebacker and got it with Bush- Good pick in my opinion but I have to question suit choice. 

devin_bush_suit.jpg

Good Lord! At first glance I thought that was a dress!

3 minutes ago, Burningman said:

Good Lord! At first glance I thought that was a dress!

A friend said when he saw it he thought  he has in a sling for a shoulder problem....

13 hours ago, MountainMilG said:

Bizarro world, the Pats take a WR in round 1.  The kid seems like a stud though, so we'll see.

I don't know--seems like exactly what they need. Honestly, he's the first solid WR with size they've had since Moss. Evidently he's very smart and runs great routes and has great hands. Doesn't need to be fast when your QB is precise. Gronk wasn't getting much separation the last two seasons yet Brady got it to him.

He seems like a nice kid, humble and a good personality, i.e. coachable. 

If Josh Gordon gets his act together they could arguably have the best receiving corps along with Edelman and White in the NFL for the first time...which will be very scary. 

I think they're going to load up on defense in the 2nd round as they have a ton of picks. And maybe grab a TE. 

Seeing as how it looks like Tyreek Hill is going to jail there's not much keeping the Pats from the SB again. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

we should have an absolutely cracking defence. 

while i don't like losing two two's, not often you trade back up into the first without conceding a first of your own. all they really lost was next year's second, as swapped our 2nd for their 1st. to get a player of seriously high potential. i'll take that. 

Totally agree.  Also picking up a WR that Haskins has played with is another good choice.  Trading that second third rounder is a good move too. 

Who stole the Redskins draft selectors?  :innocent:  :lol3:

41 minutes ago, anacostiakat said:

Totally agree.  Also picking up a WR that Haskins has played with is another good choice.  Trading that second third rounder is a good move too. 

Who stole the Redskins draft selectors?  :innocent:  :lol3:

perhaps they learnt from scotty M?

this has been exemplary. how un-skins. i love it. 

don't like, or see the point, in adding yet another injured RB and the first pick for the O line seems likely a waste but otherwise, a first class draft. early days but at best, very solid and could have a defensive superstar and a franchise QB. can't argue at that. 

There is a clear racial bias in the selection of draftees for years, sometimes it's not that bad.
In modern days, Australians = punter expert 

Michael Dickson is one of the best punter in the league, his rugby style to kick  (punt) do brought impacts.
This year  49ers drafted Utah punter Mitch Wishnowsky in the fourth round, Dickson was drafted in the fifth round,
wind is change, teams now realizing the importance of Punter/Kicker, and Australians punters filled with NCAA first divsion.

10 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

don't like, or see the point, in adding yet another injured RB and the first pick for the O line seems likely a waste but otherwise, a first class draft. early days but at best, very solid and could have a defensive superstar and a franchise QB. can't argue at that. 

Admit the RB threw me.  Solid runner though.  I guess they thought you cant have enough.  Loved the WR's they got.  The one OL guy I think plays guard and center.  So that has potential.  Not really familiar with the other guy.  All in all I good solid draft. 

2 hours ago, Hoepssa said:

There is a clear racial bias in the selection of draftees for years, sometimes it's not that bad.
In modern days, Australians = punter expert 

Michael Dickson is one of the best punter in the league, his rugby style to kick  (punt) do brought impacts.
This year  49ers drafted Utah punter Mitch Wishnowsky in the fourth round, Dickson was drafted in the fifth round,
wind is change, teams now realizing the importance of Punter/Kicker, and Australians punters filled with NCAA first divsion.

if you are talking about a bias against australians trying to make it, while there is a lot of interest down here, there is not many playing it. those few non-kickers who try are trying to cross from either rugby or league and as talented as they may be, very hard to do that. as it would be the reverse. col scotts is one of the few to do it successfully. 

the punters come from AFL (aussie rules), not rugby or league.