PUNCH DUKE , Edición Regional - Exclusiva México


Recommended Posts

No thanks, especially at that price.

Several “Duke” sized RE coming out, it seems. Better than Petit Robusto or Montesco, I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, mtapia3 said:

So does this mean the Edmundo Dantés line is officially done? The manager at a LCDH in Mexico had told me the line was discontinued, but I was thinking that was just his way of getting me to buy more boxes of the Conde Belicosos. 

Wouldn't assume that. Italy has interspersed several releases between La Escepcion releases. ED can be done any time they want. Judging by the uniqueness of the blend I would  assume they need some time between releases anyway, particularly since the Beli release was much larger than the previous two. 

None of the ED releases were really forecasted anyway. There was no plan. 54 and Beli just kind of appeared after the 109. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So basically the Price does not include 16% Sales Tax so the Grand Total would be $348 USD per Box of 10, or $35 USD per Cigar. 

They way I look at it, it's getting more difficult to buy these ER for Collecting and Investments, since each time fewer potential buyers will be able to spend this type of coin. I remember when I bought the first ER Dates109 back in 2007 for $400 for a box of 25.  We can actually state that ER have doubled or even tripled in price on direct sales to consumers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, toledo1969 said:

So basically the Price does not include 16% Sales Tax so the Grand Total would be $348 USD per Box of 10, or $35 USD per Cigar. 

They way I look at it, it's getting more difficult to buy these ER for Collecting and Investments, since each time fewer potential buyers will be able to spend this type of coin. I remember when I bought the first ER Dates109 back in 2007 for $400 for a box of 25.  We can actually state that ER have doubled or even tripled in price on direct sales to consumers. 

I agree. I have not been in the cigar hobby as long as you have but every time I see and ER release I think to myself "look, another cigar I'll never be able to enjoy."

I think the only ER that has me excited is the North Star, mainly because it seems affordable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Saw these in the LCDH Cancun yesterday. Honestly the wrappers and construction looked subpar to most of what they had in stock. I picked up a gorgeous RAG instead.

I like the Conde Belicoso, but they had them at $400 and again the quality was not the same.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mt1 said:

Am I the only idiot who likes to try the RE's?  I will basically try one stick of anything I haven't tried before...

No there are others of us out there. These 10 sticks could have gotten me a PSP 50 cab of Party Shorts or 25 of Lusis :blink:

Screenshot_20190211-153624_Gallery.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I the only idiot who likes to try the RE's?  I will basically try one stick of anything I haven't tried before...

You’re not alone. I usually at least trade for one.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, nsills said:

No there are others of us out there. These 10 sticks could have gotten me a PSP 50 cab of Party Shorts or 25 of Lusis :blink:

 

 

32 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:


You’re not alone. I usually at least trade for one.

Good to know fellas...lol!

I just had the SLR Marquez, it was pretty great, very mild.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Just sampled my first Punch Duke and I actually liked it very much. I will say it didn't burn well but good enough. Seemed like wrapper issues. 

Cigar is just a touch under medium start to finish. What struck me was the ripe fruit flavor. Yes, ripe fruit in a Punch. Very smooth, no rough edges. 92 points. If the cigar was a little richer and burned well I could have gone 94-95 on it. Not sure how these will do in time. Definitely very little if any ligero in it. 

Unfortunately, not many will have a chance to try these and the price is pretty prohibitive. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Just sampled my first Punch Duke and I actually liked it very much. I will say it didn't burn well but good enough. Seemed like wrapper issues. 

Cigar is just a touch under medium start to finish. What struck me was the ripe fruit flavor. Yes, ripe fruit in a Punch. Very smooth, no rough edges. 92 points. If the cigar was a little richer and burned well I could have gone 94-95 on it. Not sure how these will do in time. Definitely very little if any ligero in it. 

Unfortunately, not many will have a chance to try these and the price is pretty prohibitive. 

Ripe Fruit? I used to find tart stone fruit in Punch cigars years ago (we're talking Punch Petit Punch when they were young, Punch Petit Corona del Punch, Punch DCs, etc) but it's been a long time since I noticed that flavor profile in one.

Interesting. I'd be keen to try one now based on the flavour profile, even though the price and size still turns me off

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.