Box of the day

i am a sucker for that tinge of rosado to a colorado or colorado maduro wrapper. 

When picking Quai D'orsay for myself, it is what I look for. Thankfully in QD, there are generally plenty in that range. 

• Like 1

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I'll ask in this thread, as it is active. Do many of my fellow QDOC-lovers find that DNA present in these QD50/QD54s? I've got only a portion of a box of QDOCs left, and am rationing them desperately. It would be nice to find that DNA in a more readily available vitola, if possible.

To be clear - I'm not asking if the 50/54s are ***GOOD*** - I'm asking if the other people who love QDOCs find them reminiscent of that profile.

17 minutes ago, cfc1016 said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I'll ask in this thread, as it is active. Do many of my fellow QDOC-lovers find that DNA present in these QD50/QD54s? I've got only a portion of a box of QDOCs left, and am rationing them desperately. It would be nice to find that DNA in a more readily available vitola, if possible.

To be clear - I'm not asking if the 50/54s are ***GOOD*** - I'm asking if the other people who love QDOCs find them reminiscent of that profile.

I too am rationing my QdO coronas, leaving what I have left in my locker, until they are available again. For my palate, you can tell they are QdO (and I like them), but they are no coronas...

• Like 1

I smoked a No.50 yesterday that to my tastebuds matched the flavor profile of the current Cohiba Siglo III.

I would agree, the QD50 to me have the aroma at cold of a box of Cohiba. And I get some grassy notes with a nice sweet tobacco flavour.

But I cannot comment on how they compare to the old coronas as I have not had one. I am still kicking myself for not grabbing a box of the coronas a few years back when Prez had them up multiple times. They would sit around for a bit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I smoked the hell out of the Coronas, was a bargain box 5-10 years ago, but haven't tried the new vitolas yet.  The Imperiales don't do much for me.  They look great, but too bland for my taste.

While I get the essence of QdO in the new ones, you certainly don't get the elegance that the Corona displays. The new ones, to me, are a lot more aggressive. At certain points I can tell that its a QdO, but other times, it's hard to tell. I still enjoy them nonetheless. Definitely need more Coronas though.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I’ve had >10 QdO 50 from various boxes and for the most part, they were hot air.

Qdo54 on the other hand reminds me strongly of a Gran Corona (RIP).

• Like 2