1. Montecristo No.1 – ESL JUN 17

In this review, I reference the Montecristo No.4 as the strongest in flavour amongst the Montecristo classic line (Montecristo No.1, No.2, No.3, No.4 and No.5) first introduced when the marca originated in 1935 at around 11 or 12 minutes into the video. Of course I meant the Montecristo No.5!

• Like 4

• JohnS pinned this topic

I am about halfway through the series as I envisage I will review another 4 or 5 cigars. We'll keep this topic pinned for July and then move the series to the Video Cigar Reviews section.

• Like 2

Thanks John! Sorry you missed out on the sweetness. I’m about halfway through the box, and most have had a dominant honey note, but I have had a couple that haven’t shown it very much at all. Looks like you got one of them!

I suspect you’re right about the blend change. I’ve never really got much in the way of cocoa or chocolate from this box.

Great idea to review rarer cigars, btw. Looking forward to the next instalment!

Cheers,

Iain

• Like 2

22 hours ago, El Presidente said:

:clap::clap:

fantastic work mate!

Agreed! Nice to see a brother on video. Great job John. I will take them all in when I have a free moment.

I think more members should do video reviews. I actually have a lot of fun for the most part. It rather does make me feel like I am smoking with friends, as I do all the talking anyway!!! -LOL

Bravo John... :clap:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Great effort John! I’m glad to see some lonsdale love, particularly the Monte No.1 which tends to get overshadowed by the no.2 and no.4

• Thanks 1

7. Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos Asia Pacifico Regional Edition 2009 – OMA AGO 09

The Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos Asia Pacifico Regional Edition 2009 was nigh on unsmokable when it first came out in 2009. It began to be much more 'approachable' around 2014/2015. How is it travelling strength-wise at around the 9-year mark?

• Like 1

Great job. Nice to have friends, yeah? Those are some nice cigars!

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2018 at 7:55 AM, Wertman said:

Which was your favorite cigar out of all of them?

So far, it is the Partagas Lusitanias Gran Reserva due to the finish. Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats that velvety cream smoke off the draw! Next would be the Montecristo No.1, which goes to prove that a young regular production cigar with a good blend can beat out a Limited or Regional Edition special cigar anytime. Equal to the Montecristo No.1 would be the aged Cohiba BHK 56. I would have rated it higher if it was a touch milder. Originally I had around 10 cigars all up to review, but I may increase this to 12 and leave it there. If I smoke anything better than the Partagas Lusitanias Gran Reserva I'll update this post.