INDUSTRIAL GRADE COLD WEATHER ASHTRAY

Perhaps my cold weather friends can help me. I need a very large (4 stick holder minimum) industrial strength, cold weather outdoor cigar ashtray. I don’t care about how it looks just that it can survive the cold Chicago winters and humid summers without material cracking or breaking.

It will always be outside never inside.

Any thoughts?

Do I need marble, stone, metal, etc.?

copper hammered Stinky............touch of class 

regular Stinky...........hard worker

Party Stinky..............six places, deep bucket

• Like 2

Another vote for the Stinky.

I have a few that stay outdoors all year round, never bring them in, but do clean them once in a while. It might build up some rust after a few years depending on the model. When they are really rusted, I replace them. Winters in Montreal are brutal and summer is hot so they should fit the bill. 

• Like 2

Mine has done really well so far. Been through a hot summer and a brutal winter. Always kept outside. c0ec4717c463e21fb05914da5ea72bce.jpg019e1c2197eb75eefbd7a1274818a31b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, garbandz said:

copper hammered Stinky............touch of class 

regular Stinky...........hard worker

Party Stinky..............six places, deep bucket

I have bought 2 of them.One I gave to my son,the hell knows where it is but mine is in my mancave

12 hours ago, prodigy said:

He wants a 4 stick holder minimum though

Besides, being a Hotel Nacional de Cuba ashtray it's ... hot weather only ....:)

14 hours ago, Buck14 said:

Perhaps my cold weather friends can help me. I need a very large (4 stick holder minimum) industrial strength, cold weather outdoor cigar ashtray. I don’t care about how it looks just that it can survive the cold Chicago winters and humid summers without material cracking or breaking.

It will always be outside never inside.

Any thoughts?

Do I need marble, stone, metal, etc.?

I would look into grid ashtrays, the big 7x7 one sold on CI for 30 bucks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is some guy on here named Rob that is peddling some of these four cigar ashtrays.  Some sort of ridiculous looking monkey on there if I recall correctly. It might work outside in the rain and snow and wind.

Does someone know who this guy is or have his contact information? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Or go to your nearest Goodwill or thrift store and snag you a couple of cool retro ones. 2 bux a piece, max! If it breaks..you're out two bux.

On a personal note...never heard of an ashtray shattering from the cold or heat. News to me..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

There is some guy on here named Rob that is peddling some of these four cigar ashtrays.  Some sort of ridiculous looking monkey on there if I recall correctly. It might work outside in the rain and snow and wind.

Does someone know who this guy is or have his contact information? ?

That looks like a great ashtray for sure! But it would get killed easily outside in the Chicago winter. It looks to be made of the same material of the Cohiba ashtray I had to throw out yesterday.

Realistically, I think the stinky tray is a great idea. However if it gets windy, there is a decent chance that is going to blow away or at least blow over. I think the suggestion made by @mk05 is the best.  It is metal, sturdy, and is not going to go anywhere in the wind.

... and it looks great and will hold as many cigars as you could try and fit.

• Like 1

Realistically, I think the stinky tray is a great idea. However if it gets windy, there is a decent chance that is going to blow away or at least blow over. I think the suggestion made by [mention=10021]mk05[/mention] is the best.  It is metal, sturdy, and is not going to go anywhere in the wind.
... and it looks great and will hold as many cigars as you could try and fit.
It would have to be hurricane/tornado winds to move that sucker. There's also a version that comes attached to a stand.

The stinkys look awesome, but will definitely be too light. I have a tied down, industrial umbrella on my roof deck, the base has 300 lbs of sand, that thing moved a good 1 1/2 feet during a storm this winter and tipped over 45 Degrees.

The old ashtray I had up there never moved, it was ceramic large, deep circular tray weighed about 3 pounds. 2 1/2 pounds is about as light as I could go.

Leader in the clubhouse is the 7x7 square grid pewter baby recommended by MK above that I assume weighs a shit ton.

The winds in Chicago are just unbelievable. I live on the top floor of a condo building, our deck is on the top floor (5th) roof. You would be stunned at the difference in wind and temperature between ground level and the roof. There have been days where the winds on the ground have been 5 mph and the roof 15 mph with gusts to 20.

I’ve had really good experiences with everything made by Craftsman’s Bench, including their ashtrays which stay outside year-round.

This is one ashtray I have and it won’t budge even an inch in a windstorm and looks as good as the day I bought it:

Craftsman's Bench Cigar Ashtray - Sterling