What's up for the weekend?

I had a big Friday night planned with the team for "Crapulas"  ....a private employer celebration on the insane month of public holidays. It is my personal Eid al-Fitr, and end of a month of fasting (Ramadan)...where an employer fasts for 30 days while paying wages and taxes ;) 

Unfortunately I have fallen ill at the wrong time and we will put it back two-three weeks. There goes my weekend plans but a huge thank you to the team for their understanding. I haven't left home and won't be going anywhere anytime soon. 

So this weekend I will live vicariously through you. Paint the picture. Let us know what you are up to!

Have a cracker weekend all. Thanks for a fantastic week :thumbsup:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like @canadianbeaver, my spouse and I are in Hawaii this week and through the weekend for a business reward trip.  This is the downtime just following spring break, so the island is fairly depopulated

Well I started the weekend having a nice long chat with @Fuzz and having a laugh about my near-death experience midweek. A 4WD Ute swerved into my lane across a painted median strip after he miss

Making a toasted cheese sandwich and reading junk mail. Enjoy living vicariously through me!

After work tomorrow I'm going to break in my new Flame Boss 300 for my kamado.  Figured it was high time to get a temperature controller for the smoker, should make for more consistent smokes and make me more comfortable shelling out chunks of change for briskets this summer.  Saturday is gun therapy in the morning then relaxing.  Hopefully the temp warms up Sunday so I can enjoy a few cigars.

• Like 2

Watching the NFL draft and having a few Modelos tonight. Getting my New Air 281E tomorrow. Looks like I'll be cleaning it and trying to get ready for a special shipment that comes in Tuesday!

Sorry you're not feeling well, but I'm sure you'll be back at it in a jiffy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have quite a bit of work to do, and some E-mails to send....loose ends etc.  I might even chase up my cigar merchant for some PSP boxes....this is what happens when you purchase from a guy with only 2 trader feedbacks on his profile. :D

But my highlight of the weekend is going to be watching Joshua vs Klitschko!  Can't wait to find out if Klitschko still has it, or if he's going to be fighting one of his boring 'back foot' fights, and get beaten to the punch by the younger, faster Joshua.

I'm also hoping that Rafa makes it to the final of Barcelona, hopefully to give Murray the thrashing of a lifetime. :)

There's a lot of shit going around ATM well in Perth any way a really nasty cold virus Lucinda and I have had it for nearly two weeks 

i wish the flavour of cigar would linger as long as this ?

This weekend just stuff around the house prepping for our major bathroom Reno and our trip to Singapore ?? ?

Cheers mate get well soon ? 

18 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

No doubt the highlight of your week :D

Oh hell yeah! I look forward to reading all those catalogues and clipping out the coupons for 5% off a new hot water system!

At 5:30 Sunday morning I will be meeting this year's group of 31 Space Cadets at the airport and then we will be off to the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville AL for a week of astronaut training.

• Like 1

You know he's feigning illness right?  This thread is created, so that Rob can find out who's going to be away from home this weekend.  You'll return to find your humidor has been ransacked!  That whole 'not leaving home' story was just an alibi setup. :)

The good news is that this is going to produce plenty of PSP for 24:24 hahaha

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Drguano said:

At 5:30 Sunday morning I will be meeting this year's group of 31 Space Cadets at the airport and then we will be off to the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville AL for a week of astronaut training.

I need pictures of you in an Astronaut suit :D

14 minutes ago, Smoker said:

The good news is that this is going to produce plenty of PSP for 24:24 hahaha

I struggle to break into a sandwich wrapper :D

We found plenty of PSP yesterday.....one box here...one box there....one box waaaay over there. 

It is going to be a tough year in relation to Cuban Quality control and picking PSP/HQ. If you see them and they are on your map, dive in. 

53 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Making a toasted cheese sandwich and reading junk mail. Enjoy living vicariously through me!

tried a toasted cheese sandwich for lunch. couldn't keep it down. Oh how I envy you ! 

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

I had a big Friday night planned with the team for "Crapulas"  ....a private employer celebration on the insane month of public holidays. It is my personal Eid al-Fitr, and end of a month of fasting (Ramadan)...where an employer fasts for 30 days while paying wages and taxes ;) 

Unfortunately I have fallen ill at the wrong time and we will put it back two-three weeks. There goes my weekend plans but a huge thank you to the team for their understanding. I haven't left home and won't be going anywhere anytime soon. 

So this weekend I will live vicariously through you. Paint the picture. Let us know what you are up to!

Have a cracker weekend all. Thanks for a fantastic week :thumbsup:

Sorry you are feeling shitty brotha.  I hope you get better soon. If it helps, I'm spending the weekend packing and moving furniture from my fiances house. In a blizzard. We are due for about a foot of snow. Told a deputy at work that I'd  give them a hundred bucks to let me spend the weekend on jail. 

2 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I struggle to break into a sandwich wrapper :D

Yeah yeah...first the members map, and now this!

This explains why Monday is clearance day...there's suddenly a load of extra boxes lying around! :P

10 minutes ago, Smoker said:

Yeah yeah...first the members map, and now this!

This explains why Monday is clearance day...there's suddenly a load of extra boxes lying around! :P

Members map is back up! :D

...that is another story in itself. Try telling a web developer with few friends how it should operate securely :rolleyes:

Plants!  Taking the wife to a Japanese super market on Sat. and buy veggy plants for the garden.

This being spring in New England it is time to plant.  This year we will attempt to grow; mini eggplant,

Japanese peppers, cherry tomatos, Japanese cucbumbers, kale, romane lettce.  Also making a

re-entry in the garden are the two blueberry bushes, raseberry bushes, peach tree which grow whites peachs if only

the wife can keep the gray squirrels from stealing them   Each year this tree has been growing fantastic peachs

only to have the rodents (squirrels) steal them.  Poor wife has tried everything under the sun ( 5 years) to protect

the peaches but to no avail, so looks like it will be round six with the wifey in one corner and the gray squirrels in the other.

So far my wife is 0 - 5 advantange rodents.  Also we have two quince bushes.  They are a tart fruit that when mashed with

a little suger make for a wonderful jam w/toast.  Last but not least are a couple of strawberry bushes that come back

each year and produce fruit, not sure why but they do return.  Well Rob those are the plans for Sat. and Sunday

I'm kicking back and watching 3 EPL games from jolly ole England.  ESPN, Fox and NBCSC broadcast both the English

and German soccer games at varring times on Sundays here on the east coast of the states.  I think Man. City played

at home and drew Man. United in one of the most famous darbies.  Not sure what a darby is but it sounds cool the way

the Brits say it.  Anyway mate get well soon and in the interm relax listen to the old body, get some rest,

and I'm sure you will be "bright eyed and bushy tailed" and will be back to normal soon.  Take care!

• Like 1

Flying trapeze on Saturday afternoon, and most likely Sunday morning as well.  I did my first ever swing with no safety lines last week which was pretty exciting, so hopefully we'll get to build on that this weekend.

Then somewhere in the middle I have to fire up cigar number 2 for the blind tasting.

• Like 1

1) Upgrading my son's jeep (flat fenders, new bumpers, wheels), should be a good father son project if all the parts show up; otherwise it may be a multiple weekend project.

2) Relaxing in the pool and smoking mystery cig #2.  This is much needed after freezing in Fargo yesterday and today.  Can't wait to get back to Texas.

17 minutes ago, MrGlass said:

Flying trapeze on Saturday afternoon, and most likely Sunday morning as well.  I did my first ever swing with no safety lines last week which was pretty exciting, so hopefully we'll get to build on that this weekend.

Then somewhere in the middle I have to fire up cigar number 2 for the blind tasting.

I would not suggest trying to light up a cigar in the middle of the trapeze act, you may get distracted and forget to catch the bar. :P

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kuma said:

Plants!  Taking the wife to a Japanese super market on Sat. and buy veggy plants for the garden.

Don't get Di started.....but I am a mad gardener. 

Tomatoes (Roma, cherries, heirloom) are coming on. Herbs are nuts. My lettuce (Bok Choi to rocket and a myriad others are bonkers). I talk to my 4 varieties of chillies daily. 

It is a sickness...but tender loving care necessitates a cigar in hand. :D

The SIL has finished her chemo and is cancer-free so we will celebrate that this week-end, followed by a day or two of insane packing before she and her hubby go off to Europe for a well-deserved holiday...

Drinking wine ... (note to self: must stop signing up to every dam wine club between here and Perth)

Avoiding any and all exposure to the Waratahs' match on Saturday -- I've seen enough car crashes in my life.

And who knows, there may be a cigar or two incinerated...

• Like 2