24:24 change you?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

99% of members are fantastic.  The team and I are always trying to devise a better system that achieves a fairer outcome. That may mean 24:24 in a different guise. We are still a little way off th

Temporarily.  I was discussing this with @Ethernut the other day.  I believe there's a progression of sorts you go through.  At first I was an entitled feverish Kid in a Candy store.  Then I started s

Hoarding cigars?  By all means, I'm guilty as sin.  Half the people on here are, that's half the fun.     Buying rare, aged stock nobody can get and posting them at a markup shortly after br

• 2 weeks later...

I would say 24:24 has modified my buying practices slightly.  I now buy boxes which I might otherwise not have based on the descriptions.  Most I enjoy.  The others I give to people I think might like them.  I'm glad that it has helped me branch out into other Marcas and Vitolas.

• Like 1

I'm new here & have yet to receive my first order from 24:24, but I have the feeling this is going to change how I buy cigars substantially.
I really enjoy how upfront Rob is as a vendor, the level of customer service I have had with Diana, and the concept of sales being based on a trusted cigar expert screening for high quality cigars beforehand.
Historically I have requested to receive intact sealed boxes thinking that it would reduce the likelihood of receiving fakes, but I like this concept much better... It actually makes me wonder why I haven't reached out to the owners or personnel of my other trusted vendors to assist in choosing high quality cigars for me before committing my funds.

I find the scramble to get the daily offerings fun, but can see how that may get out of hand. I use the technology available to me (alarms) and so far have seen all cigars for that day available at the onset. As long as I know beforehand my budget & can make decisions quickly, I anticipate that I 'll mostly get what I really want. And if I don't get what I want that day, I certainly won't sweat it.

Happy Hunting to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I've been here a bit over one year and I will be forever grateful to my wife’s boss who gave me a couple of smokes and a link to this website. What a goldmine it is. Every question I have had I’ve been able to find an answer to and in most cases very many opinions.  Not sure if I will ever get in on the 24:24 with my schedule but reading through Rob’s notes on the offerings have been invaluable. 

• Like 1

Been around since 2011. 24:24 has changed the way I buy . I purchase 99% of all my cigars from 24/24. If I'm going to put down my hard earned dollars on cigars, I want the best. I have a list of what I need and when it comes up I go for it.  I'm not just buying on a whim. I know what I want and I wait.

Unless a box of Monte Sublimes pop up, then all my discipline goes down the drain.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, stunod said:

Unless a box of Monte Sublimes pop up, then all my discipline goes down the drain.

Next locker sale? And if they come up...my goodness, one has to be quick, don't they? :lol:

On 3/24/2017 at 10:10 AM, SteveH said:

For my $.02:

Disclaimer: My post count is low; but I've been a member here since '11. 

I travel frequently for work, so internet ordering of CC's was never really of any interest for me.  Recently however my travel has slowed as my current client base is local - great for personal life; eh for cigar purchases =).  I simply don't trust 99% of the websites out there who store tons of cigars in warehouses and you get whatever box off of the top of the pile.  24:24 represents a few things for me - #1 the 'best of the menu' picks from someone who is in the biz and knows his shit.  #2 graded or better yet hand selected to know your getting what your paying for.  #3 the ability to buy some smokes that no one else (whom I would consider buying from anyway) has in stock.

While I am fortunate enough to get maybe...30% of what I've shot for - Im assured that what is coming in the mail was worth the wait.  I think for those who are butt-hurt about not getting the magical box of x or y needs to take a step back, light one up, and chill.  These things are luxury purchases, not something that is going to keep you from surviving.

While Im on a rant, want to bring something else up for attention to those who are rude to Diana, etc in emails, flip for profit, etc - do realize this forum is free.  It doesn't have advertisements like most of the others.  It doesn't ask you for donations to stay ad-free, etc.  I think this speaks to the character of the proprietor and the dedication to fellowship and the product.  Don't shit where you eat.

Love, Steve

Well said 

• Like 3

I sure hope Rob makes some changes to 24:24 because it is not possible to wake up every night around 3 a.m just to notice that the Cohibas are all gone. When our son was breastfeeding last year many times at night I managed to get some exellent Fundadores :D Now we all sleep at night so I won't have I change to buy anything:angry:

7 hours ago, Homer said:

I sure hope Rob makes some changes to 24:24 because it is not possible to wake up every night around 3 a.m just to notice that the Cohibas are all gone. When our son was breastfeeding last year many times at night I managed to get some exellent Fundadores :D Now we all sleep at night so I won't have I change to buy anything:angry:

Unfortunately, Rob is restricted by the time zones. Added to that, the last few times Euro only sales were conducted (posted in the afternoon Bris time), hardly anything was sold.

Maybe sometimes 1/10 of the boxes would be reserved for europeans?

For me it is impossible to buy Cohiba Coronas Especiales ( I have been waiting for >1 year), Cohiba Siglo III/IV/V or Bolivar Coronas Gigantes.

25 minutes ago, Homer said:

Maybe sometimes 1/10 of the boxes would be reserved for europeans?

For me it is impossible to buy Cohiba Coronas Especiales ( I have been waiting for >1 year), Cohiba Siglo III/IV/V or Bolivar Coronas Gigantes.

If there is enough demand for it, and ol' bwana deems it worthwhile. Or you can put in a personal request with Rob to look out for a box for you. Saves you the hassle of missing out on the 24:24.

I have sent Rob personal message last spring for Cohiba Coronas Especiales. He replied that he will look for it and I have not heard anything for months. Maybe I should ask nicely again. Rob is very busy so thats why I have not wanted to bother him again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I have sent Rob personal message last spring for Cohiba Coronas Especiales. He replied that he will look for it and I have not heard anything for months. Maybe I should ask nicely again. Rob is very busy so thats why I have not wanted to bother him again.

Locker stock just goes up. It is part of our arrangement with locker sellers. 

When it comes to waiting lists, if you haven't heard back within 3 months, drop me a reminder (by e-mail), no harm done. 

Re waiting lists, the most common would be PSP Sir Winston, PSP SLR DC, PSP Cohiba Esplendido...you get the drift. Now if HQ's come through, you won't be contacted, as you were specific in your requirements. Then again it may be missed as it is a manual system which includes me :lookaround:

In a few weeks we will have our new shopping carts up which include a "wish list".  I will go through that with you when they are here and I have had a play around with it. The new carts are Greg's baby :ok:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Locker stock just goes up. It is part of our arrangement with locker sellers. 

When it comes to waiting lists, if you haven't heard back within 3 months, drop me a reminder (by e-mail), no harm done. 

Re waiting lists, the most common would be PSP Sir Winston, PSP SLR DC, PSP Cohiba Esplendido...you get the drift. Now if HQ's come through, you won't be contacted, as you were specific in your requirements. Then again it may be missed as it is a manual system which includes me :lookaround:

In a few weeks we will have our new shopping carts up which include a "wish list".  I will go through that with you when they are here and I have had a play around with it. The new carts are Greg's baby :ok:

There are gonna be so many HdM Des Dieux wish lists! :lol:

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

I know that this topic is almost a year old since the last reply but here is my thoughts. For everyone to have a fair chance of getting a box of one stick or another, if the available stock going up for sale is limited then it is 1 box each. If there are several boxes then 2 or 3 each. After the first couple of hours go by then it's open to buy it up. I know from personal experience there have been time's that what I am looking for pops up and by the time I send the email to Di it is already gone. Then there are time's when I see the same box still available the next morning. So again, if supply is limited, 1 each.

Thanks FOH for 24:24 and being the driving force behind me going broke. Well, I guess if I get desperate I can always sell a couple of the 100 plus boxes Iv'e purchased since last July.

2 hours ago, smfdff said:

I know that this topic is almost a year old since the last reply but here is my thoughts. For everyone to have a fair chance of getting a box of one stick or another, if the available stock going up for sale is limited then it is 1 box each. If there are several boxes then 2 or 3 each. After the first couple of hours go by then it's open to buy it up. I know from personal experience there have been time's that what I am looking for pops up and by the time I send the email to Di it is already gone. Then there are time's when I see the same box still available the next morning. So again, if supply is limited, 1 each.

Thanks FOH for 24:24 and being the driving force behind me going broke. Well, I guess if I get desperate I can always sell a couple of the 100 plus boxes Iv'e purchased since last July.

Any Diplomaticos regionals you wanna get rid of, let me know ?

• Haha 1