24:24 change you?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

99% of members are fantastic.  The team and I are always trying to devise a better system that achieves a fairer outcome. That may mean 24:24 in a different guise. We are still a little way off th

Temporarily.  I was discussing this with @Ethernut the other day.  I believe there's a progression of sorts you go through.  At first I was an entitled feverish Kid in a Candy store.  Then I started s

Hoarding cigars?  By all means, I'm guilty as sin.  Half the people on here are, that's half the fun.     Buying rare, aged stock nobody can get and posting them at a markup shortly after br

9 hours ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Thinking back at the madness of the LFTH effects in their prime, I don't even know how the crew managed it. Just unadulterated wall to wall pants on head madness.

awesome times :buddies:

• Like 1

I found FOH accidentally while trying to figure out if the $200 box of Behike 56 I bought was fakes... LOL what an idiot!  I had no idea how rare they were and the true value, just knew it was a smoke I wanted to try.  What I found here was a tremendous education in CC's.  Watched many of Robs hilarious reviews on youtube, scoured through many of these discussions in the forums and started watching the 24 24 and building a wonderful inventory of CC's that I am anxious to start smoking. 

I have to say, each and every interaction with Diana and the logistics team has been nothing short of spectacularly friendly and efficient customer service, making me feel like I am dealing with friends.  The format of 24 24 seems to me to be pretty fair.  Mostly I have been successful but have also missed a few that I hoped to have and don't see any reason to suspect any unfair play.  I've enjoyed this experience, except that it's cost me over $4k over the last 3 weeks!!  And I so wanted a box of the BBF and Punch Punch yesterday... but at some point must exercise discipline!!!  I'm going to hold off for some aged boxes so I can experience a variety between new and aged.  Up till now I have been unto Drew estate Ligas, assorted Padron, PDR AFR 75 as my regular smokes... totally new to CC's and very glad to have happened upon this site.

Rob, however you decide to format the sale in the future, I trust you will do it in a way that works well for all.  For what it's worth coming from an extreme newbie, I kind of like the idea about limiting number of boxes of highly sought after product, at least in the first hour or two, as someone else mentioned.

Thanks to all who take the time to share their experiences and humour!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, JohnInCleveland said:

All it takes is a quick visit to Facebook to find people on this site who flip boxes in the US.  They're brazen sometimes, and I'm not talking people who don't post on here.  One in particular posts almost daily...

It's not in the spirit of the site and it makes it damn near impossible to get some of the more desirable offerings.  I'm not complaining about FOH, I love it here, it's a shame bc these flippers hurt the site for everyone.  

Man, I guess I'm not surprised, but this is a bummer.  To me it's in opposition to the spirit of this entire site.  Prez - Thoughts on creating a "Bad Buyer" list?  It'd create a little more work for you, but maybe we let common sense prevail.  The important thing would be where to draw the line.  But if someone is stockpiling inventory and reselling in the open, that's not cool... If someone is abusing the system, allow them to enjoy the forums, but ban them from the 24:24 sales.  Just a thought.

Personally, the 24:24 has enabled me to buy a few regular production cigars that I wouldn't typically go after, simply because I know the quality will be high.  I imagine I'll get to a point where I'm buying to age, but right now I'm diving deep into smoking as many cigars as I can (because it's fun) to learn about their nuances. 

• Like 2

Guest gorob23
On 3/5/2017 at 11:21 PM, SignalJoe said:

Please don't let this be the case. What the hell it's just a cigar?  Besides there is another 24:24 tomorrow!  

B)

THIS is the best attitude. 

Enjoy Life, it's the Best revenge! 

Rob ;)

First and foremost, this site is about friendships and gathering information along with sharing ideas, thoughts and experiences.

That being said, the ability to purchase boxes via 24:24 is an unbelieveable benefit if not honor.

Just like the rules for the Trading Room - I believe that in order to take advantage of products offered in the 24:24 sale you should limit the participants to those with 6 months of membership and a minimum of 100 posts....newbies can always buy products on CUNTINT.

• Like 4

On 3/6/2017 at 9:07 AM, topdiesel said:

have a shopping cart.  First come first served.  Sold out  pops up when gone. 

My thought as well - simply go back to selling everything (including sale / limited availability) through the store with a real time cart.

Someone wants to purchase cigars, browse to see what's in and available and buy 'em. When they're gone you can't add them to

your cart.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BarryNY said:

First and foremost, this site is about friendships and gathering information along with sharing ideas, thoughts and experiences.

That being said, the ability to purchase boxes via 24:24 is an unbelieveable benefit if not honor.

Just like the rules for the Trading Room - I believe that in order to take advantage of products offered in the 24:24 sale you should limit the participants to those with 6 months of membership and a minimum of 100 posts....newbies can always buy products on CUNTINT.

Barry, your first two sentences are spot on, I couldn't agree with you more!

But I just spent well over $4k in the 24 24 sale over the last few weeks, all for my own stock to age and enjoy.  That's over $4k worth of business to a new comer and not to someone flipping them for profits.  What is the benefit of keeping me from making those purchases for 6 months?  Just curious!  

• Like 4

Barry, your first two sentences are spot on, I couldn't agree with you more!

But I just spent well over $4k in the 24 24 sale over the last few weeks, all for my own stock to age and enjoy.  That's over $4k worth of business to a new comer and not to someone flipping them for profits.  What is the benefit of keeping me from making those purchases for 6 months?  Just curious!  

I tend to agree with Devil dog. I would assume from the business side of things, newcomers provide a large part of the revenue on 24:24 because we are stoked to have such a wonderful source for fantastic quality. It's like giving a rookie a multi million dollar contract and him blowing it on parties and cars! Our excitement probably drives sales thru the roof. Like Devildog said I've spent close to 10k since December and I'm pretty sure Rob and the team are quite OK with that. I have referred friends to the site and have nothing short of awesome experiences when dealing with Di and the logistics crew! Thanks again for all you do Pres!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Guys...it was just a thought and suggestion....but the big issue is that there is literallly an instanteous sell out of the 24:24 offer.  So I don't think that "driving sales" is the issue...

Supply is not unlimited therefore with or without the "new" business - Rob would most likely do just fine....maybe the 6 month/100 post crew should get a 1 hour jump...

• Like 2

It's the age old problem. As soon as you create more rules, people will try to find a way around them. It sucks, but how would you differentiate between a scumbag flipper and someone on a cigar buying bender. The 6 month/100 post for early access would be nice until we found ourselves in an Animal Farm situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Dmpotocek said:

It's the age old problem. As soon as you create more rules, people will try to find a way around them. It sucks, but how would you differentiate between a scumbag flipper and someone on a cigar buying bender. The 6 month/100 post for early access would be nice until we found ourselves in an Animal Farm situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the responses I think the majority here would opt to ban the flipper..........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnInCleveland said:

There seems to be a general consensus amongst a lot of people that the concern is multiple purchases of the same Marca right at the time they go live.  

I'll throw this scenario out bc Its worth pondering.  El Presidente gets the first shipment of Sir Winston in eons.  Let's say there's 50 boxes.  I'd be 100% thrilled and content if 50 of you buggers had quicker trigger fingers and fetched a box and I got shut out, but if I saw one of you got a half dozen, I'd feel very differently.  

Agree with this 100% 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BarryNY said:

Guys...it was just a thought and suggestion....but the big issue is that there is literallly an instanteous sell out of the 24:24 offer.  So I don't think that "driving sales" is the issue...

Supply is not unlimited therefore with or without the "new" business - Rob would most likely do just fine....maybe the 6 month/100 post crew should get a 1 hour jump...

One thing is clear here... Barry hates newbies... this newbie says, no soup for you!

• Like 3