How you light your cigar

Lighting a Cigar  

299 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Call me old-fashioned - but nothing beats Camel's-dung for lighting a gentleman's cigar properly.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=OUsVAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

(Page 15)

Sold under a dozen different name at the shops! If your local B&M doesn't carry it, I guess you'd better complain!

Haha - thanks for that interesting read. :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use only the finest striking steel and a Randall made knife to create a spark to set fire to three or four small slivers of cedar shavings sitting in a small clean silver chalice. Once this is afla

A flaming cat always works for me. After a few years the burning hair smell is not even noticable. And you can get them for free!

Torch, nothing else works on the golf course.

It tends to be a time thing for me. I prefer to use soft flame to light my cigars especially if I have the time to toast the foot properly. However I always keep one of my Xikars on hand in case I think I am in too big a hurry to slow down.

• 2 weeks later...

I have double, triple, and quadruple burner torch lighters but like to use cedar spills when smoking a high quality cigar. One thing I like about the torch lighters is you can give the cigar a nice long toasting without burning your fingers off! (With a good lighter that is)

ronson butane fuel has killed a few lighters for me.I use the triple refined stuff,it burns better and does not gum up the lighter.

I have single and double flame lighters,cheapos that work well for a few years and get tossed when they fail.

I have almost always used a butane torch, unless I was traveling and only had a Bic. Much like everyone else, I use a wide range of torch/jet lighters with single, double, and triple flames from bottom-of-the-barrel brands to the very high-end stuff.

Once I got my FoH / Cigar-Traveler lighter, I haven't used anything else. The Prez wasn't kidding when he said this would be the only lighter you'll need. Works perfectly, feels great, and surprisingly barely uses much gas. I've probably lit about 12-15 cigars now and it's not even 1/5th of way down from the top.

Ordered a 2nd as a back-up immediately after. perfect10.gif

• 8 months later...

Was going to do a similar Poll but smarting up and searched first.

I was always a soft flame guy or cedar match. Recently I bought a triple flame torch and it has become my go to.  I like that I can get cigar lite quick and never have to "puff" while using flame.  Also great for the rare touch-up.

Cedar sticks make me feel special but would probably burn the house down (knowing me)

Hopefully not like this...

4 hours ago, Hutch said:

Soft flame only here. I found that blue flame imparts a charred taste, affecting the first 1/2" or so.

I believe this could be true but find only if I let the cigar get in the blue flame...if I light with the "invisible" flame I've not experienced the "char".

3 hours ago, backbone said:

After watching that video, I think I have been smoking all wrong....

Would you believe he's in the trade!?

3 hours ago, SaintMickey® said:

I got to 1:10 and cracked up...

I can't bear to watch it through. 

Guest blrrobinson21

I got past the 4 min mark and started to fell wrong and a little bit dirty.  Man he really chugs on that thing!!!

As for the question, I use a torch.

I have a Dupont and use to collect them a little (childhood neighbor was the creative design head for Dupont), but I don't ever use it.  I am simple Bic or cedar guy now.  Dupont is prepetually empty and expensive to run; be it fuel or servicing.  Was thinking of selling my remaining lighter...

On 2/5/2016 at 1:05 PM, SipIt said:

Torch, nothing else works on the golf course.

Especially when nothing else works for your golf game, and I suck. :lol:

5 hours ago, SaintMickey® said:

I got to 1:10 and cracked up...

Right...I bet that butane taste did start out with a bang! So many on his U-Tube just loved his review.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Was with Reynaldo at the Conde De Villanueva Hotel last week and after we had a few rums he took the torch I was using to light his handrolls with, proceeded to give it away to two young German tourists and slid a pile of cedar spills my way.   USE THESE, he said.  

I like a man of few words.  He's on the right, I'm on the left.

IMG_5074.JPG