A life goal attained, a dream come true....new to me Motorhome

when i drove around the states, way way way back - early 90s - i was staggered at the number and popularity of these. and how fabulous some were. after meeting some of the people doing it, could see the appeal.

i have met quite a few people doing something similar in europe. might just be bad luck on my part with the people i have encountered but the americans seemed far more adventurous. the europeans were much more - 'well, we will all now travel to the next mobile home park and set up in the same order and face the same way and then do our knitting'. that would bore the hell out of me.

i'm sure you'll have a ball. i can see it parked on the edge of the grand canyon while you enjoy a cigar!

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I'm still pinching myself. I added more pictures. It's a steep learning curve but I'm learning fast. The engine is awesome, a twin turbocharged Detroit Diesel 6 cylinder with 350 horsepower and more torque than we will ever need. These engines will go a million miles if taken care of which this one was. I wish I could describe the sound of this engine. It is a growling beast.

Eventually we will find a suitable vehicle to flat tow, probably a Jeep Wrangler with 4 doors....need room for my Labradors. The coach came with everything needed to tow except the Jeep. Neither of our cars can be towed flat.

I think this is an absolute method of freedom and am very jealous of the quality and story behind your new found recreation!

That being said.... I keep looking at the pics and muttering what my dad used to say "Don't **** where you eat" and then I smirk a bitjester.gifparty.giflmao.gif

Very nice. Looking forward to pics of the humidor!

surprised.gif WOWW - cool, man! Congrats and enjoy yourself in this beest!

That's awesome! I have never had the chance to travel in a coach, but I know that I could definitely enjoy riding in that palace! That definitely helps improve the journey. Enjoy!

That is fantastic. I love that your Labs are part of your decision making process. Our dog's go everywhere with us lol.