The One Cigar You would give....

Wow, so many to choose, hard question BUT if I had to pick one right now it would be:

Cuban cigar to an NC smoker: Monte 520 (They are amazing)

Non Cuban to a CC smoker: Padron Family reserve No 45

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They're gettin' my Jose`L. Piedra

PLP not to strong good creamy taste in A mild cuban Avo classic or XO good consistant low medium NC smoke

First cigar that comes to mind is the Rafael Gonzalez Corona Extra.

cuban:

if it's someone with a milder palate, a choix supreme.

if it's someone with a fairly stout palate (who enjoys hard liquor, spicy food, etc) a siglo 1.

both have earned me many fellow cigar smokers over the years :)

non-cuban:

a brown label tat, or a hemingway best seller.

I'd offer 'em a HUp Mag 46

And, in fact, I'm soon to do just that. My daughter's boyfriend was only recently introduced to cigars. Thought it'd be nice if I introduced him to the good stuff. He and most of the other guys in their class (all serious actors-in-training at a conservatory college) got the cigar bug from some play they were in... Shaw, I think.

For total noobs, I've had good results with the RG Panatelas Extra. It's mild, floral and not so big as to intimidate the first time cigar smoker.

For NC smokers, I'd start them off with a Party Shorts or D4

My CC choice would be a Cohiba Siglo I or a ERDM Choix Supreme

And my NC would be My Father Cedro Deluxe Eminente or a Brick House Short Torpedo

Any of those you dont have to break the bank,everytime a perfect Draw,and for me medium strength,good basic Flavors not too complex,and not a long time smoking,in fact i included one of my all time NC favorites.......you ll have to guess LOL!

From my limited experience id say For a seasoned smoker new to CC's id give a RASS or Partagas E2. Full body and flavour with aromas that transport me back to Cuba lol. NC would be a Flor de las Antillas Toro.

A light smoker id give HUHC, or an RG or PL Panetela.

NC would be Tatuaje Miami 10th (only had one but i enjoyed it and it was on the milder side of the NC's ive smoked).

Good question......it's going to depend on what's smoking best in my humidor at the time. It would of been a great box of Monte 4 (HQ) that I just finished off yesterday. But currently, probably between a UME DEC 13 CoRo and a ARG MAY 13 Connie A. Those are best coming out of my humidor right now.

I would probably give them what I had the first two times I smoked a Cuban. The first was a Monte 1, which was exceptional, and I didn't think it could get any better. The second was a Siglo IV, and it got better!

For someone who has smoked a bunch of CC and is new to NC, probably a Davidoff 100th Anny Robusto or Diademas Finas as they are the same blend.

They're gettin' my Jose`L. Piedra

• Like 2

New to cigars, Quai d` orsay corona.

New to Cubans, Partagas Serie E#2. Or another Partagas Serie xx cigar.

HdM petit robusto, because it is inoffencive as well as being short and milid enough not to overwhelm a noob. Of course, if you dont like the person buy a giant novelty cigar and tell em' if you cant finish your a wuss. Don't do that indoors unless you want to clean up puke.pooped.gif

Regards,

Doug

Since I am out of RYJ which would be a good accessible cigar for a noob I would give a Montie 5. Short, cheap and has a little of everything but not overwhelming.

For someone who has had a couple in times past I would give a RASS.

... a properly acclimatized cigar to start. Cut by you, as you would open a bottle of wine or spirits for your guest and put it in a glass for them.

I would give them something small, as I would want them to not be intimidated or feeling guilty about not finishing it. I would make it smaller ring gauge, as that represents the best that Cubans make (IMHO) and it allows for people to be a little more bashful when smoking and not make them feel gluttonous by having to puff hard to keep a larger ring gauge cigar lit.

Lastly... What color box it comes from make little difference. Some cigars run on average better than others, but why would I point to a cigar that you might not have in your humidor?

Any Cuban cigar can wow a person if it is well kept and a good cigar. Furthermore a poorly made or stored cigar will leave them wondering why you do what you do!

Cheers! -the Pig

• Like 1

I'd go with a PLPC, at 5 or more years.

Second is LGC MdO No. 2 or a RAAS.

But the cigar that made a friend of mine kind of understand my passion for Habanos was a Cohiba Lancero from 2001.

He had several nice cubans from my collection, but the Lancero finally got him like party.gifjester.gifhungry.gifhungry.gifhungry.gifclap.gifidea.gifidea.gif

It depends on the person. New to Cubans but experienced,that's easy, Luci. The ones I've been getting lately are off the charts great.

New smoker, Monte 2.

Now, a dear friend... Monte Sublime. Hated enemy, Monte Double Edmundo.

Boli PC, did this with a good friend who wasn't a cigar smoker at all a month or two back, and he now has 4-5 boxes of CCs, including a box of BPCs.

NC I would go with a Tat Black PL or something from the AF Hemingway series. Both very approachable, plenty of flavor, but not too overpowering.

For someone that's a regular smoker from the NC side I'd say a recent RASS. To me they have enough strength, body and flavor to provide some sense of what Habanos can be.

NC, it would be a La Aurora Cien Anos.

New smoker.

Hoyo Epicure No. 1. C'mon, it has to be medium bodied, flavorful and not a thick ring.

Yankees new to Habanos.

Short format: Bolivar BF. Grande: Punch DC. PSP only.

New to no-Habano diet.

Arturo Fuente Hemingway (Best Seller / Work of Art size), aged for 2 years to show that something beyond La Isla can be serious too.