The One Cigar You would give....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They're gettin' my Jose`L. Piedra

PLP not to strong good creamy taste in A mild cuban Avo classic or XO good consistant low medium NC smoke

First cigar that comes to mind is the Rafael Gonzalez Corona Extra.

+1 on medium.

Don't want to hit them too hard.

OTOH, while the common wisdom that noobs should start with a mild cigar sounds good on paper, paper is all they tast like to me. If it does nothing for me, why would I assume it would wow anyone else?

I suggested HUp Mag 46 earlier, but I'll go along with the several Monte 4 suggestions. There's a reason it's arguably the most popular CC in the world.

For CC I would offer either a H Upmann Mag 46 or a Monte 2 (these are what hooked me along w/ Boli RC and PC)

For NC, I would offer Padron 1926 #9 (either natural or maduro), Illusione Epernay Le Taureau, or Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero (Ashton VSG would also be in the mix, but is a bit stronger)

I've introduced a few Cuban virgins with some extremely tasty PLPCs with a few years on them and the "light dawned on Marblehead" sort of speak. They loved them "best cigar" they ever had they said.

I thought it was a good choice, not to strong, loads of smooth flavors.

Cuban Cigar.....

Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure Number 1

Runs the gamut of cream/honey flavours that most can reach. One of those Cuban cigars that forms a nice bridge between CC and NC while providing a level of complexity that raises an eyebrow.

Non Cuba Cigar.

AF Hemmingway Short Story

If non Cuban cigars were all this good then the dropping of the embargo would make scant difference........as nobody would care lmao.gif

• Like 1

Easy.The best stick in my opinion would be a RASS.They are consistently wonderful and pair nicely at any point in the day. There is also a lower chance of getting one plugged. That was also the stick that won me over. :D

AF Hemmingway Short Story

If non Cuban cigars were all this good then the dropping of the embargo would make scant difference........as nobody would care lmao.gif

Don't keep your stories too short, writer. Time for a best seller. The BS is half an inch longer and a bit thicker than the SS but is a cut above in terms of complexity. 10 years of shortstorying show that SS may run skiny on taste. I stopped buying them 5 years after discovering the BS. The Work of Art is even fuller.

Time also shows these benefit tre-men-dously from a couple of years of aging without their cellos on 'em.

In fact, so do many other Arturo Fuente puros, like the Bauza Pyramid. Kudos to the quality of tobacco produced by Don Arturo's house.

CC would have to be an RASS, I had great success at handing these out at an wedding and they still rave about it now.

NC would be Carlos Torano reserva selecta still my fav NC.

Buddy gave away 400 Romeo y Julieta No.2 turbos at his wedding. That was received very good by all kinds of guests.

Experienced smokers could choose from RyJ Wide Churchills in tubes. Also a good start for non Cuban smokers.

• 1 month later...

If my box was open:

CC:

Trinidad Reyes if we're shooting, boat ride or daytime activity

Cohiba secreto for an after dinner occasion

NC:

Sancho Panza for just a day out

Joya De Nicaraugua Antaño Dark Corojo for a serious sit down