Your Current King of The Corona Gorda?...and if you could only smoke one vitola?

Corona Gorda  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mag46 or Punch Punch with SLR A and Hdm Epi 1 nipping at their heels.

CG and PC are my go to vitolas.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR Serie A all the way. This is my favorite cigar. If I had to change to one vitola only, it would be the Robusto regards Lars

I feel so alone in the 52 ring gauge club but look who is in here with me...! Bolívar Libertador 2013 - LCDH Exclusivo 2013 Sublimes 54 x 164 (6.5") Double Robusto

Jlo no 1 psm 13 are delicious.

Magnum 46 won. Then siglo IV and punch punch and ras are damn close.

Corona gorda without a doubt. Then PC/Minutos...then churchills hahaha

Love them all

• 2 weeks later...

Corona Gorda is certainly my number one choice in terms of frequency. I would be disappointed if that was all I could smoke, however. I really enjoy Piramides at times, Petite Coronas at other times, and even the occasional Double Corona or Churchill if the mood strikes me. The variety is key and without it I would not be able to select the right cigars for the right moments.

I voted Corona Gorda and RA Superiores

• Like 1

The Corona Gorda is definitely my favorite vitola. I have JL Seleccion No. 1, RA Superiores & HU Mag 46's in my Cigar Cooler currently and have greatly enjoyed the Siglo IV in years past. Love SLR Regios but have yet to try the Serie A. Have always enjoyed the RyJ Churchill but don't recall having tried the Exhibicion No. 3. I have no experience with the Punch Punch. It's really hard to pick a favorite from the ones I've tried because they're all so satisfying in different ways. However, I feel confident that I could be happy smoking any one of the three marcas that I currently have every day and plan to keep all of them in my rotation. Forced to pick just one though.....I'd have to go with the JL 1 based on the current box I'm smoking, ELU MAR 14.

Corona Gorda as well, with Punch Punch in the lead followed by Mag 46, and JL#1 and Siglo 4 in no particular order. Only had Hoyo #1 on one occasion and enjoyed it very much. Sadly, I have yet had the opportunity to try the SLR.

I which there were more Coronas to choose from.

Not smoked all of them on the list, but I do really enjoy the Epi 1. An honourable mention needs to go to the Mag 46 as well, also an excellent smoke

Robustos edge it for me as my favourite vitola, mainly because they are the right size in terms of time it take to smoke vs time I have to smoke most of the time, a lot of brands also have good Robbustos in their lineup (although I'm not a fan of the Epi 2, surprisingly :))

epicure no1 just a real creamy treat. as for cigars id smoke all the time churchills and double coronas the finesse and flavor profiles are always excellent

Epi 1's from FOH have been cream bombs for me as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have found cigars with a ring gauge of 44-46 to offer the ideal wrapper:filler ratio to deliver the best balance and flavor - just my very humble subjective opinion. Plus they just feel plumb perfect in my hands. So for me it's the Corona Gorda for sure. Never got caught up in this thick stick movement.

As for my favorite CorGor? Got to go to the Mag46 with the Superiores coming in a very close second. Although I've never had a Sig IV, which would likely be a game changer.

Although I will always indicate Churchills as my favorite format, the time has to permit. Lots to choose from in the Corona Gorda vitola but for me it's a tie between Punch Punch and the RA Superiores.

• 2 weeks later...

First post.

Had my 2cd 2011 Epi 1 today... have had at 69% for 3 months or so. They are coming from a beautiful 5x3 pack. Every stick is dark, oily and perfect. This go I dry boxed (about 40% here in MO) for 12 hrs- wish I hadn't. Very nice smoke but not as nice as the 1st in the warm fall, coming out of 69%. Pats loss to Miami didn't help much. So I ordered a box of Mag 46 @ 16% off to make myself feel better. It's been awhile since I had one of my 2013 RASU's but they have been fantastic. Tough to make a comparison due to the time. Will revisit.

First order here. After spending a bunch in a short period, things went downhill fast on two orders with a competitor. I did some googling and have a good feeling about this spot you have!!! Hoping for some crackers!

As I'm sure Ken would agree with, Double Corona would be the vitiola for me! I'm not one to smoke a cigar every day and if I was to be limited to the one, I think I would look forward to the DC more than the rest. Even the visual aspect excites me, knowing I am in for a good 2+ hours of alone time to enjoy a cigar is special.

As a few have noted above re the Corona Gorda, I am yet to have a bad Siglo IV

My opinion is that the RA Superiores is the premier corona gorda at the moment, with the Mag 46 and recent Punch Punch following. I will say that I think the Mag 46 ideally needs a little age and there are still some consistency issues with Punch Punch. The Superiores are pretty much good to go ROTT and have been more consistent IMO.

I do think that when properly blended and rolled the corona gorda is the most perfectly balanced vitola. I, however, have a personal preference for the Franciscos vitola (44 x 143) as it's just a smidge thinner with the same length.