2015 Cricket World Cup - Post your predictions here

Congratulations to Australia winning the World Cup for 2015 today at the MCG. A record crowd of 93013 people witnessed Australia defeat New Zealand by 7 wickets.

It was a nice send-off for Australian captain, Michael Clarke who retired from One-day cricket after today's victory. Clarke dedicated today's win to the memory of Phillip Hughes.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those unfamiliar with why Pakistan are a threat....traditionally in World Cups they have been known to lose to minnows and then knock off big-name teams in the same tournament. (But it's never bee

My prediction is that I'll have blown my lid at the Ch 9 commentary team by the first 10 overs in game 1. I'll then put the tv on mute and listen (hopefully if they're broadcasting) on ABC radio. Can

the problem is that every time slater comes on, the entire thing descends into farce. on the very rare times he actually talks cricket, he is not too bad, but sadly, he thinks he is robin williams and

I feel there were some critical moments in yesterday's game which affected the outcome:

1) Obviously, the great bowling to get McCullum out by Starc.

2) Guptill and Williamson dismissals set NZ on the back foot. NZ were not in this situation before during this World Cup.

3) Taylor and Elliott led a great recovery, especially Elliott. However, when James Faulkner got Taylor out, Elliott should have adapted his game with the tail, the fact he didn't led to the collapse of the tail.

4) Henry was NZ's outstanding bowler. Boult had to bowl a 7 over spell for NZ to have a chance. When he he done 7 overs, Australia had just lost Warner's wicket and one more would have had the game in the balance. Unfortunately, McCullum gave the ball to Southee who released the pressure and got Michael Clarke to kick-start his innings. I feel this is where NZ lost the momentum of pressure on AUS. Boult should have had an eighth consecutive over.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-cricket-world-cup-2015/content/story/856581.html