Cohiba Siglo Line

For me it's CORO, sig4, sig2 and then everything else sig is back if the bus in general terms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Siglo line to me is more vanilla, cream & hay, and on the lighter side of medium...where the CoRo is medium full with flavors of cedar, coffee & leather.

Order of preference for me would be IV, VI, CoRo, III, & V.

Personally love the Siglos...but don't smoke smaller cigars really so left the II & I off.

I honestly don't understand the love for the siglos. I'll admit I'm a bit of a newb with cigars, but I found the Siglo IV to have an extremely tight draw (completely ruining the experience) and the Siglo VI to be far too overpriced for what I would consider a rather dull flavour profile. Maybe I got duds, I'm not sure - but both were at least several years old (place I buy from in the UK has most sold via their retail store aged around at least 3-4 years). To give you an idea, I had a Montecristo Open Master today from 2009 that has received poor reviews from most, but I found it to be absolutely delightful and sweet.

I honestly don't understand the love for the siglos. I'll admit I'm a bit of a newb with cigars, but I found the Siglo IV to have an extremely tight draw (completely ruining the experience) and the Siglo VI to be far too overpriced for what I would consider a rather dull flavour profile. Maybe I got duds, I'm not sure - but both were at least several years old (place I buy from in the UK has most sold via their retail store aged around at least 3-4 years). To give you an idea, I had a Montecristo Open Master today from 2009 that has received poor reviews from most, but I found it to be absolutely delightful and sweet.

If you don't like Cohiba, but enjoy the Monte Open, you might just have an opposite palate!innocent.gif

If you don't like Cohiba, but enjoy the Monte Open, you might just have an opposite palate!innocent.gif

Definitely opposite ends of the spectrum. Although I'm man enough to admit that my experience with the Open line was smoking one or two of each after they arrived on our shelves just so I would have first hand experience.

I thought they were mild and boring but I've never tied one with age.

Cohiba is so overpriced it has to be a great smoke to get my $. I will smoke fours and twos if they look and smell spot on. Sixes only vary rarely.

My advice would be to keep an eye out for, or request " HQ+" Cohibas.

In my experience, Cohibas with nice oily wrappers and Rob's HQ distinction make a really big difference over regular PE stock. Don't get me wrong PE stock is fine but if you want heavenly go HQ or better. When you're forking out that kind of $$ you might as well get the best.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind.

Definitely opposite ends of the spectrum. Although I'm man enough to admit that my experience with the Open line was smoking one or two of each after they arrived on our shelves just so I would have first hand experience.

I thought they were mild and boring but I've never tied one with age.

Cohiba is so overpriced it has to be a great smoke to get my $. I will smoke fours and twos if they look and smell spot on. Sixes only vary rarely.

I like the idea of smoking a Cohiba, but I never find them worth the money tbh. there are too many superb cigars out there for just about 60% of the price.

• Like 1

I like the idea of smoking a Cohiba, but I never find them worth the money tbh. there are too many superb cigars out there for just about 60% of the price.

Agreed!

Oh no, I really like Cohiba - I just don't "get" the Siglos is all. My favourite cigar is the BHK52, and I REALLY like the Robustos. They're special occasion cigars for me, though :)