Never tried

I'd really like to try an old La Escepcion some day, and so many other DC'd brands & vitolas, but I feel very fortunate to have tried what I have so far.

Private sales had a pair of old Diademas fetching $350 for the two. I'm not sure if I'm sad that I missed out on those sticks.

The thing is... Would it really be as good as old Punch, RA, etc that can probably be found for a fraction of the price? Size aside, why does it go for at least 2x more as a Punch from that year? That's what I've always asked myself when really old discontinued cigars show up.

Nothing dying to try, but an aged (5 yr) Cohiba Lancero is on my list of wanna try. I have some CCE's and love them. The lancero is said to be even better.

-Dan

I'm fantasizing about the Cohiba Lancero too but what will they cost man, what will they cost? And to have to wait for 5 years to age them? I don't think that I could do it! But Maybe?

Believe it or not, I've never tried a Behike. The size and cost put me off for the longest time but I'll probably look to trade for a few in the near future.

Wilkey

You are not missing much my friend. You know that insipid blind cigar that we just reviewed? That is what you are looking forward to...! JMHO... I would not trade a known good cigar for one!

-R

I'd love to get my hands on the Punch India RE and a Monte A to try. Although not a specific cigar I'd also love also to try some Panetelas Largas sized cigars

Trying a pre-1992 Boli GM to compare it to the LCDH release would also be very interesting :)

• 4 weeks later...

CCE or CoLa with 3-5 years on it so I can decide whether they're worth the price.

PL Picadores

Rafael Gonzalez RE Alemania

And a Por Larranaga perfecto cuz a man has got to dream

You are not missing much my friend. You know that insipid blind cigar that we just reviewed? That is what you are looking forward to...! JMHO... I would not trade a known good cigar for one!

-R

Now that cigar was horrible. potty.gif

I've since had the opportunity to try a Behike and I found it to be quite a satisfactory, muscular cigar. Promising.

Wilkey

Some of the customs, the last one was twenty years ago. I missed the split that went down A couple weeks ago! Also A Cohiba lancero.

Now that cigar was horrible. potty.gif

I've since had the opportunity to try a Behike and I found it to be quite a satisfactory, muscular cigar. Promising.

Wilkey

If you read my review, I liked it too. I figured what it was and was able to call it based on the similarity to a Siglo6 (this was a blind tasting for those of you reading). I still don't think that they are worth the money based on the other reviews and the inconsistency of the 52s that I have smoked, but the 56 is noticeably better than the 52s. At $15 each I would likely buy some of these. I was also pleasantly surprised how much I liked it.

At the asking price I am not a player… I can find great sticks in my humidors that cost me $6.00!!! These are not worth $30.00 bucks...

Cheers! -P

Have never had a Cohiba ... Like others, the price scares me... Maybe I will like them too much? Lol Have never had a Sir Winnie either.... Though I do have a box sitting since my Nov. trip to Cuba... Waiting for the weather to warm up to get the best out of it though! Come onnnn Spring !