Introducing Vegas Robaina Unicos in Sweden (2 boxes 5 plugged cigars)

A habanos representative came to our lounge last night to introduce the Unicos and promote the Vegas Robaina marca.

We were 38 attending and we all got one Unico for tasting, five persons including me got plugged cigars with big stems in them. So is there a quality problem with the Robainas in general or is it just a coincidence?

"In general" can not apply to HSA's products, except as regards the inconsistency.

If this representative knew his job, he would have detected the problematic cigars with his fingers and would not have handed them.

He could as well have previously selected the boxes that he brought…

The last boxes of VR I have had (Famosos) didn't have construction issues but were very poor in the flavor department.

• Like 2

A habanos representative came to our lounge last night to introduce the Unicos and promote the Vegas Robaina marca.

We were 38 attending and we all got one Unico for tasting, five persons including me got plugged cigars

What did he say in response to the plugs?

What was the box code, not that it matters.

That would interesting to know. I dont think I have seen anything VRU rolled outside of Upman for years. Not saying there weren't any Just don't remember seeing any through early 14s. I read somewhere that they try to keep the factories rolling figurados limited because of the skill required for the shaped cigars. But look at BBF now getting rolled all over the place, so who knows.

That would interesting to know. I dont think I have seen anything VRU rolled outside of Upman for years. Not saying there weren't any Just don't remember seeing any through early 14s. I read somewhere that they try to keep the factories rolling figurados limited because of the skill required for the shaped cigars. But look at BBF now getting rolled all over the place, so who knows.

Unicos are rolled wherever Monte #2s are rolled, which is everywhere.

Where were they purchased? Were they stored adequately? rotfl.gif

They were not purchased they came with person who had the introduction a habanos nordic sales man, so directly from the swedish ware house in gothenburg.

The boxes were from this year.

This event was a Habano Nordic event.

Skickas från min iPhone via Tapatalk

If this representative knew his job, he would have detected the problematic cigars with his fingers and would not have handed them.

He could as well have previously selected the boxes that he brought…

Rookie question here peace.gif How can one know before cutting or smoking that a cigar is going to have draw problems? I'd love to know so I can avoid those sneaky bastards. Thanks in advance!

Rookie question here peace.gif How can one know before cutting or smoking that a cigar is going to have draw problems? I'd love to know so I can avoid those sneaky bastards. Thanks in advance!

With experience you can detect an overfilled cigar, by palpation and by noticing that's it's slightly too heavy for its size.

Like a loaded or unloaded gun, certain ones are easier than others.

With experience you can detect an overfilled cigar, by palpation and by noticing that's it's slightly too heavy for its size.

Not just the intuition, but you can always feel for the foot and the bunch. Things I always look for are the feet, consitency of squishiness along the length of the cigar (if one place gives more resistance, they MAY be a plug there), and stems near the cap of the cigar AFTER cutting it.

Half the time, I don't remember to do this let alone care. :lol:. Life's too short.

• Like 3

A tip for your own cigars that works for me, probably not best to try this in a store, is to suck on half of the foot (Top or bottom, left or right), it's a general indicator of how the draw will be.

Don't place your lips over the foot though, just put your lips to the foot like you're kissing it.

Not sure if I've made complete sense, if the foot of a cigar is a circle (It generally is!) then just suck on a semi circle of it.

Other things come with handling cigars, if a cigar feels too spongy etc

• Like 1

There is a problem with VR brand, according to the insiders - the brand that does not sell?

Sorry to hear about the quality, or lack of thereof, of Unicos, since it is rolled at Upmann factory, where the "legendary" No.2s are rolledrotfl.gif

• Like 1

A tip for your own cigars that works for me, probably not best to try this in a store, is to suck on half of the foot (Top or bottom, left or right), it's a general indicator of how the draw will be.

Don't place your lips over the foot though, just put your lips to the foot like you're kissing it.

Not sure if I've made complete sense, if the foot of a cigar is a circle (It generally is!) then just suck on a semi circle of it.

Other things come with handling cigars, if a cigar feels too spongy etc

Thanks! I'll give it a try with the next cigars! After all I guess only time and smoking a bunch of cigars will teach me how to identify a plugged cigar prior to smoking it. ok.gif

• Like 1