What the heck did my friend give me?

I am stumped. "cigar" & "habano" are hard words to search by without pulling up every cigar site ever. Maybe someone here knows what it is, if anything.

It kind of feels like a random cigar with something Cuban sounding on it, so it can look like a real Cuban.

post-21425-0-89688700-1412473070_thumb.j

post-21425-0-13176900-1412473100_thumb.j

Ah yes the Siglo 21, only given out to leaders of prominent countries and diplomats and such. Castro's favourite. Only 200 boxes of 10 produced since it's inception in the mid 80's. Nice score, very nice.

Not sure whether it is Cuban or otherwise but it does not appear to be an official Habanos SA release.

these are the few things that i hyperbolise HSA's marketing department for.

if this was actually Cuban, i'd be laughing till next wednesday!!

Like Ramon-Cojones said:

That stick's got every buzzword in the habanos lexicon.

Haha thanks for confirming my suspicions fellas. I thought it was really funny, but am still so unfamiliar I thought I'd double check.

I'll probably still end up smoking it, it doesn't smell half bad.

• Like 1

I would consider the source. Is your friend a relative newbie to the cigar hobby or a purveyor of fine cigars like many of our brethren here with mad connections.

The answer to this might make me wait and gather more information. The only reason why I'm saying is the knowledge of the cigar might make me choose what type of drink, scenery, etc when smoking said cigar.

My guess is peanuts and a diet coke will do just fine with what you were offered

Nevertheless, it is a nice gesture on your friends part to share his cigars with you.

• Like 1

Here is a thought: Hilarious..........

Ranks #1, because of their low selling prices along with their excellent customer service.Siglo 21 cigars are without a doubt one of the most renowned tobacco brands in the market. Discount Siglo 21 cigars Store offers cheap discount Siglo 21 cigars online. Siglo 21 cigars, are available at discount prices from our online cigars shop for immediate shipment. Our cheap Siglo 21 cigars are delivered fresh discount cigars to your door.

The guys at Swisher want to re-introduce Siglo 21 cigars so we've made one heck-of a deal for you! Siglo 21 was released during the cigar boom when tobacco prices were high and it was easy to sell a box of cigars for $140. Well welcome to the new millennium! Nowadays, it isn't easy to sell a cigar at that price. (It's kind of ironic that this brand was named after the new millennium.) Anyway, Swisher wants to get this brand moving so they cut us a special deal to get you guys to try this brand.

Here's the deal - Siglo 21 is a great smooth, mild Dominican cigar. It has a Connecticut shade wrapper and was blended to taste like a Macanudo. The cigars have been aging at the factory for at least three years. And from the samples that I've smoked, these cigars draw better and taste smoother than a Macanundo. (Three years of age helps, and trust me, they didn't intend on having these cigars sitting in the factory for that long).

No pics of band found........

count the mis-representations in the above ad........and probably not even the same stick

Further searching revealed.......

Siglo Limited Reserve XXI Handmade (No. 21) is manufactured in the Honduras while the binder is from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic. The Siglo Limited Reserve XXI Handmade (No. 21) has an enticing and bold flavor that comes from a singular and a rare blend that features a hand-selected Broadleaf binder and a prized San Andres Morron wrapper . This is no doubt one of the most unforgettable smoke.

Photo is in fact of a ST Luis Rey band,so back where we started.....

Its certainly not a fake so no need to worry about smoking asbestos or rolled up burro hair.

Just a NC, looks like a thin ring gauge and verygood construction so will probably have a good flavour, let us know how it smokes!

Will do!

I'm letting it sit in the humidor for a little while, the stick is definitely on the dry side of things.

I would consider the source. Is your friend a relative newbie to the cigar hobby or a purveyor of fine cigars like many of our brethren here with mad connections.

The answer to this might make me wait and gather more information. The only reason why I'm saying is the knowledge of the cigar might make me choose what type of drink, scenery, etc when smoking said cigar.

My guess is peanuts and a diet coke will do just fine with what you were offered

Nevertheless, it is a nice gesture on your friends part to share his cigars with you.

He isn't much of a cigar guy. They were gifted to him along with a humidor. When he found out about my hobby he offered me a few sticks.

& yes it was a nice gesture & regardless of what it is I'm sure it'll make a decent enough smoke :)

He isn't much of a cigar guy. They were gifted to him along with a humidor. When he found out about my hobby he offered me a few sticks.

& yes it was a nice gesture & regardless of what it is I'm sure it'll make a decent enough smoke :)

Maybe smoke it alone to prevent an personal signs of disgust like gagging, uncontrollable spitting, or laying it to rest after 2 draws.

• Like 1

Well, let's see...it doesn't have triple caps. The wrapper is actually a very attractive dark rosado in appearance stick. IF this were in fact a "special release" from HSA there would have been the usual much heralded fan fare and clear announcement made. So as others have determined, doubt very much it's actually Cuban. But it does look like it could be a very tasty NC smoke. Try it! And let us know your verdict.

• Like 1