Your late night....Hangover recovery meal?

Another vote for menudo. It's not for everyone, but I have yet to come across anything more effectual. Haejangguk, which is a Korean soup that literally translates to "hangover remedy soup" or something along those lines, works well too. Bun bo hue, a spicy Vietnamese soup noodle dish similar to the ubiquitous pho, also does a stellar job. Though be warned, both dishes are typically made with congealed blood. Basically, any spicy soup dish made with potentially taboo ingredients make for a great hangover cure!

Ultimately, though, I think the best way to deal with hangovers is advance preparation: if you know you are going to drink "heavily," hydrate in advance for 48-72 hours like you're going to run a marathon. Drink lots and lots and lots of water. Chug a few bottles of gatorade as well if you don'd mind the sugar, and definitely throw in a couple packs of oral rehydration salts the day of the event and the night before if you can tolerate the taste.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spent most of my life in Texas and Whataburger does the trick for me on the night of, and chorizo and eggs the morning after. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well in Malaysia after a night out its Nasi lemak which is fragrant rice, spicy sauce with anchovies, freshly fried chicken, or spicy dried calamaris, innards n prawns. If it's the next day brunch wou

menudo, the spicer the better. truely the breakfast of champions (champion drinkers that is)

Well in Malaysia after a night out its Nasi lemak which is fragrant rice, spicy sauce with anchovies, freshly fried chicken, or spicy dried calamaris, innards n prawns. If it's the next day brunch would banana leaf curry and dishes similar to above but curry form or fried.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

Ismael "Kebap" near me.

A little lean-to with a service hatch that hasn't changed in at least 25 years and the perfect Kebab at 4am.

Open 'til 4am 7 nights a week.

They use shredded white cabbage in it that gives it a nice crunch. Great kebab. Rob Fox and I brought Gino there when he was over about 6 months ago. Not sure if Gino liked it so much, I think he was too sober!

A few friends of mine and me at 3:30 am one Wednesday morning after "the cinema" smile.png

post-3053-0-75870400-1406566833_thumb.jp

I always buy a sub from subway and keep it in the fridge when I know it's going to be one of those nights... Other than that water for me is the way to go. Usually down 3-5 bottles of water before going to bed. If I don't the hangover will be horrifying.

I just looked up menudo recipes after reading thru here. That stuff looks fabulous!! Any recipes would be great. You could post in the food forum to not clutter up this topic! I just have to talk my wife into the pigs feet part!

^ a trip to the Castle for some sliders with raincoats, a gobbler with raincoat and a death chip. The hangover was staved off but usually produced a case of "chariots of fire" in the morning.

Haha no doubt, the morning throne visit after White Castle is a wretched experience.

Prague do these awesome sausage sarnies with one big sausage and little chipolatas added down the side if the bun, available everywhere on the streets at night, best drunken food I can actually still remember. The next morning it has to be a full english breakfast.

Greasy food in any form or shape but most importantly LOTS of sports drinks like Gatorade or Powerade to rehidrate otherwise the hangover would be way too much to deal with these days!!!

The thought of greasy foods and alcohol makes me sick ..with a hang over yuk !!! YUK.... not sure how some of you do it ...straight down the beach for a swim , works a charm for me... drink a heap of water before you pass out. This will help.

Come on Rob give us yours.

A burrito as big as my head and a Gatorade before bed.

In the morning I take 4 advil 1 hour prior to getting up for the day & wash them down with another ice cold Gatorade to cool down my throat. After getting up a big everything but the sink omelette with hashbrowns or a greasy double cheeseburger with fries.

I wish I would have figured the above out in my college years.

Spent most of my life in Texas and Whataburger does the trick for me on the night of, and chorizo and eggs the morning after.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hell yeah Whataburger, had it today!!! LOL

When are you coming to visit next??

Night - Post Bar - Either Whataburger or Taco Cabana or Street Tacos from the closest shady looking vendor!

Before Bed - 2 Max Strength Alka Seltzer Cold and Pain dropped in a glass of coconut water and fruit punch Gatorade.

Morning - Bloody Mary loaded (Preferably a make your own bloody may brunch bar) Add oysters and shrimp, ect.

Texas Eggs Benedict with Migas and some tacos

or

Beer and Chicken Fried Steak with a fried egg on top.

If you're on a go the large Dr. Pepper and Steak Biscuit at Grandy's is hard to beat!!!

I used to always buy a whole rotisserie chicken from Fitzroy Street in St Kilda in Melbourne where I live on the way home when drunk then stumble home, demolishing the lot with my bare hands. The old lady who runs the dodgy late night chicken place always smiles and asks, "whole chicken?" whenever she sees me now.

For hangover cure I usually have 4 slices of vegemite and grilled cheese slices on toast plus what my mate Dave calls a 'traffic light' - a red Gatorade, a yellow Gatorade and then a green Gatorade.

Although, a lager with a dash of lime cordial goes down a treat and masks the pain until you slowly recover.

Before bed: Two 32oz ice cold Gatorades // Jumbo Slice (It's a DC thing)

Morning After: Corn Beef Hash// Cheese Eggs // Grits // Stewed Apples

I'm a happy camper!