choice for a desert island

got asked last night, if i was off to do the robinson crusoe thing on a desert island, and could take only one, what would it be - cheese (we are in france, after all), books or wine?

and that is all the info you get.

i thought toss in cigars.

which one of the four would you take?

i have no idea but i suspect books, though i'd probably then weaken and say wiine.

Assuming that I can forage for food and fashion my own materials for the distillation of spirits in the isolated years to come, I would have to go with books. Perhaps that's because I haven't smoked enough cigars in my lifetime yet. Then again, books take up a lot more room than cigars do. So how many of each are we talking? ok.gif

If I get to choose the title I would ask for a desert island survival book. I can survive just fine in the wilderness here bit I'm screwed on a desert island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

horrible-book-titles-funny-3.jpg

for Ken..."Sex in the Current Life" may be more helpful. ziplip.gif

It would be a toss up....Cigars or Wine for me.

Mind you I would have a better chance of surviving if sober....so cigars.

• Like 2

Because my desert island experience would be in the Caribbean where fermentable fruit is to be found, and fine tobacco leaves grow in the wild, I would pick a fine selection of fromage de France. I would write my own book - oh wait, that has already been done...

Ken - being in France, what happened to "woman"?

Without a woman your hand would fall off, rendering any attempt to open a bottle or light a cigar useless.

The downside is of course, that you're on an island, with no escape......!

Crusoe had it easy over the Swiss family's father and Gilligan.

If I could pick the titles, I would go with books. Cigars are a close second if I have a proper humidor in which to store them. Wine is my third choice only because I would run out in the first week. Which leaves cheese for last. I could use it for bait I guess.

Barrel of wine or barrel of cheese and then jump in barrel for escape. I would land on a beach with an LCDH.

I'd say books, but probably should go with cheese. Not because I love good cheese, but because (and in spite of the fact that it will quickly mold and spoil) the cheese will provide enough calories to keep you going in those first few critical days when you're getting up to speed on hunting/trapping/fishing for other food, building shelter, constructing your distillery party.gif and air drying wild tobacco leaves cigar.gif . It may even take quite a while just to make fire without matches fuel.gif .

So basic sustenance has to come first, although I'd sorely miss the books . . .

• Like 1

Can we barter the wine for rum?

The real question is what would the locals exchange for some of their women folk ?? That would be what I'm taking. 'Friday' would be a Miss Friday.