Friend getting married question

I have a buddy getting married in about 6 weeks and he is wanting something for his wedding hand out.

He does not smoke much but he wants something good but not over board on price or size.

What he thinks he might want are either the Cohiba Siglo II or the Siglo III.

Can you give me some insight as to how these smoke right from the box.

Thanks

Mike

Fresh Siglos are nothing to write home about. When you hear people say they don't like Havana cigars, it's mostly because the ones they smoke are young or wet and consequently are bitter, tannic, and strong. Ask Rob what's smoking great fresh. Or, you might get a box of AF Hemmingways. Great cigars for the uninitiated. How would you feel if you saw 18 Siglo III half smoked in ashtrays all over the reception hall?

• Like 2

I can't speak on recent production of the cigars you've mentioned, but the first cigar that pops into my head is the Bolivar PC - I've found them to be very consistent, and I enjoy their flavor.

Second would be the Montecristo No.4 - but for me, they can be a bit rough when young. If you can acquire a good box, they are an easy choice (again, for my personal tastes).

Fresh Siglos are nothing to write home about. When you hear people say they don't like Havana cigars, it's mostly because the ones they smoke are young or wet and consequently are bitter, tannic, and strong. Ask Rob what's smoking great fresh. Or, you might get a box of AF Hemmingways. Great cigars for the uninitiated. How would you feel if you saw 18 Siglo III half smoked in ashtrays all over the reception hall?

That would really stink. I will chat with him about something different.

Thanks

+1 Monte #4

Well known marca even among who aren't regular cigar smokers, and the are smoking great ROTT these days. But don't buy Monte #4 blind as they are inconsistant; ask Rob to get you PSP or HQ box..

I concur

You have to think about who's going to smoke the cigars and how experienced they are. If there's going to be a lot of waste, I would go with the suggestion Joeypots made - the AF Hemmingway Signature. It's a consistant smoke, novice smokers won't be blown away by a stong cigar and you won't die seeing 1/2 way smoked cigars laying there.

If a majority are smokers - Monte #4

He can buy me two boxes of the Boli pc and I'll give him the equivalent of five boxes of my miscellaneous Arturo Fuentes, ranging from Short Story to Sungrown. It would make me sick to see those Boli pc's wasted

• Like 1

El Principe...........excellent now,good price,anybody who finishes one can have another.

Flor de Cano pc.......have fun watching Uncle Merton trying to smoke his with the cedar still on it..

Cuaba Diademas.......have fun watching everyone trying to figure out which end to light,and laughing maniacally watching each other trying to smoke one and be cool..........

Wadical,weally wadical..........Elmer Fudd

• Like 1

I would agree with the pc size as well. 9 times out of 10 when I offer a cigar to someone not experienced tbey reach for a pc.

I am going to convince him to go either BPC or RASCC I have had 1 of each and enjoyed both. Might even go the Monte 4 way as well.

Thanks to all.

I an going to show him your responses so he doesn't think it is just my idea but coming for all of you He actually just might listen.

Thanks everyone

Mike

I am going to convince him to go either BPC or RASCC I have had 1 of each and enjoyed both. Might even go the Monte 4 way as well.

Thanks to all.

I an going to show him your responses so he doesn't think it is just my idea but coming for all of you He actually just might listen.

Thanks everyone

Mike

For all that, I'd suggest the Monte. Besides the Cohiba (expensive) just about anyone that's heard anything about cigars knows Montecristo and Romeo.

Might as well go Cuban for the wow factor and Hemi's aren't any cheaper.

Most wouldn't know Bolivar, let alone PL, VR or RA, so go with the brand name. That's from my experience in these situations.....

Enjoy the event!

Monte 4's are always well received. I find that for this type of occasion the petit tubos are best. basically a monte #4 in a tube.

Monte 4's are always well received. I find that for this type of occasion the petit tubos are best. basically a monte #4 in a tube.

This is a great idea if he'll be giving them out as favors. Anyone who can't smoke right then can still take a cigar home for later. And the empty tubes will make great "souvenirs" of what will undoubtedly be some peoples' first CC experience.

Any thoughts on the hoyo de monterrey epicure no. 2? Smoking great fresh, won't break the bank and are a killer smoke for people who don't smoke regularly

I'm with you on that. HdM Epi 2 is one of my go to's for friends new to cigars.

I've actually had a pretty good result with Cohiba Magicos for noobs. A lot of them smoke cigs though so the nicotine isn't as much of an issue.

Pricey sticks to have abandoned though