Question:Box pressed Open Series Cigar?

bossman3

A friend just came back from Vegas with a box of mixed supposedly cubans......my question is, does Montecristo sell a box pressed open series cigar? Also, he had an Anniversary Cohiba Maduro. I told him to check the band out because why would the word Habana be half way covered.......hmmmmmm.

......my question is, does Montecristo sell a box pressed open series cigar?

The Open series does come in dress boxes, so box press would not be unexpected.

(Cuban cigars which are box pressed actually get that way from being "squeezed" in the box - not intentionally pressed prior to being packaged}

I have noticed that some CC that come in dress boxes are more "box pressed" in terms of their shape than others. I, also, am not aware of any CC that are specifically put through specific "box press" proceedures. I remember a BRC that I smoked years ago that was pretty square.

I only know of two establishments in Vegas that offer CC's.

1) They don't sell them

2) They don't give out whole boxes

3) They don't have Monte Opens

4) I know and trust their vendor.

.....only the double edmundo and petit 2 currently have band D

I'm not sure - I think that might be because they are 2013 releases, and Band "C" was discontinued in 2012.

I don't know, but would assume all "current" production would use Band "D" ?

I'm not sure - I think that might be because they are 2013 releases, and Band "C" was discontinued in 2012.

That's how I read the release info too but haven't seen anything with band D apart from the new releases, to be fair though my only 2013 Monte releases have been Monte #3 boxes, and no one loves them at HSA

Trevor's site only shows (I think) band D being used on the petit 2 and DE

I have some 14 monte 2 with band C and late 13 monte 5 with band C also. I've only seen the new band on petit 2's so far

If the plan is for all Monte to have band D eventually, as implied, I'm guessing Cuba still has a stockpile of multiple millions of Monte bands to use up first too. I would guess that the first allocation of new D bands would be on the Open series before anything else when this does happen though....shiny shiny!